“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Lupton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Really enjoyed the meal I had here. Very well cooked, beautifully presented. Waiting staff excellent - and unobstrusive, and very knowledgable when I asked re the cheeses on the cheeseboard list. I do have to say - I love cheese, I love strong cheese - I would have struggled if I had preferred the milder ones.
I had the cod - which was lovely, my friend had the steak - also excellent. I also heppen to like lots of veg - so for me it was worth ordering a side dish.
It isn't cheap - but well worth what I paid.

• Visited November 2012

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Informal Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stopped off here on the way back from an exhibiition at Abbot Hall. The staff were friendly and super efficient even though it was busy with a large party in for a Christmas celebration. There is a lovely atmosphere in all the small light rooms, with and mixture of furniture and seating. All of the food coming out of the kitchen looked great especially the ploughmans. We finally chose the roasted salmon and the Whitby scampi which were both well presented and delicious.We even managed to room to follow up with a berry crumble which was very nice, but more custard please. Would definitely call again or even make a special trip in warmer weather

• Visited December 2012
Lake District
“A return visit and consistent high standards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

My fiance and I visit the Plough regularly, we enjoy the shabby-chic setting and the quirkiness of the menu. Last week, after a successful wedding dress shopping trip, I took my Mum for a late lunch. The day was freezing and icy, so we were delighted to be seated next to the wood burning stove. Quick, attentive service from the young staff, and we chose a couple of sandwiches accompanied by some of the smaller tasting dishes - all fresh and good for sharing.
Personally, I love the Plough.....it's not a restaurant - if you want restaurant standards then go the the sister hotel Punchbowl - but it is a very welcoming Inn with consistently high standards.
The last time my Fiance and I visited, we were given a personal tour of all the bedrooms by the Manageress....all were of great quality [like the Punchbowl], and the perceived noisier rooms overlooking the road are listed at an appropriate rate to take this into account - the Manageress was very open and honest with us - so if you are any doubt, do ask upon booking rather than complain after the fact. Though as a resident of the Lakes, I know that the road is not noisy by any large town or city standards.
Looking forward to my next visit - whether it's for lunch or overnight - oh and check out the website for offers - you often get £5 off food and reduced B&B rates.

• Visited December 2012
Yorkshire
“Busy but great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

The food was amazing. I had a glorious pheasant dish, with garlic mash, which was just beautiful. We arrived without a booking, and the place was full, but we were found a table very quickly. Service excellent. The local ales available were lovely.

Visited November 2012
uk
“Great fish 'n chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Excellent classic pub food.
Whitebait delicious.
Friendly staff.
Rather a lot of deep fried veggies on menu.

Visited October 2012