“First night away”

and 1 more site!
The Plough
Ranked #1 of 2 Lupton B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at the plough for our first night away at our perfect wedding at mitten hall. We decided to stay in the toursin room the largest room at £195 a night which we thought was expensive but given it was our wedding we decided to treat ourselves.
The room was very big but guess we were expecting more from it. A few niggles no kettle to make coffee or tea and very noisy room next to the main road. The bath and shower are the highlight of the room.
We decided to book a meal in the restaurant and again the service was average. Think they were under staffed even though the restaurant wasn't full. They forgot one of our dishes and just weren't very prompt with their service.

All in all it didn't spoil the stay as we had a nice relaxing break but won't be rushing back.

Room Tip: Not near the main road
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna F

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here to break our journey as it was just off the M6. At 9pm we arrived cold & hungry but the warm welcome, bright fires & the prospect of excellent food soon raised our spirits. The room was The Redmund, very spacious with one of the largest bathrooms we've ever experienced. Under floor heating & lighting, large bath & separate huge walk in shower were a joy along with white fluffy towels. For dinner we both chose the fish 'n & chips & they turned out to be the best we'd ever eaten, definitely not the soggy offerings from the average High St. The only negative was the clock on the bedside table which seemed to have a very loud tick. When I mentioned this to the manageress next morning she promised to move it.

Room Tip: All are fantastic & quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at The Plough for a two night mid-week break. Cannot recommend it more! The rooms are seriously comfy with beautiful, luxurious bathrooms. Very friendly staff, always willing to offer advice, relaxed service and very helpful. Good food and possibly the best chocolate brownie I have had in a restaurant! Strongly recommend it and will be back! Abi and her team have it spot on.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Edinburghstott
Reviewed September 29, 2012

You really couldn't beat the level of service we received. All the staff without exception were professional, considerate, polite and friendly. It's hard to get the balance right but they did and it was very much appreciated. We spent three nights in Redman which is a delightful and restful room with an enormous bathroom, my husbands parent had the suite next door which they said was very comfortable and quiet.
We ate in every evening and would strongly recommend the restaurant. We tend to take our time so we were pleased the staff never rushed us, but equally we were never neglected, again it's hard to get this right, they did every night.
It's worth having the full English breakfast or at least variations on the theme, every morning each of us had something different, it all arrived as ordered, piping hot.
We would highly recommend The Plough and will certainly return.

Room Tip: The back of the building is quieter, but all rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My partner and I have stayed here on two occasions this year and have been so impressed each time. The entire place is beautifully appointed throughout. The bedrooms and bathrooms are large and comfortable and the Bath House toiletries are a nice touch. The food is lovely and we can both recommend the 'monumental' fish and chips! The staff are attentive and remembered us from our first visit. They made us feel welcome and totally relaxed - nothing was too much trouble for them. We will most definitely keep returning to the Plough and would highly recommend it to others without hesitation. Thank you for two lovely stays!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had our wedding at the Plough. I can say enough positive things about it. Both my husband and I and all our wedding guests were overwhelmed how wonderful the venue looked, the fabulous service and the beautiful food.
I stayed overnight in the Torsin room and it was perfect for the entire bridal party to get ready in with lots of space and beautiful surroundings and most importantly a huge bathroom.
My parents and my sister also stayed and we enjoyed an excellent breakfast, which prepared me for the day. I really recommend the muesli!
Abi - the manager has been from the first a wonderful factor in the preparation of our wedding. At times she has even been a great friend and confident and is supremely well organised and well versed on what you do and don't need and how to arrange the perfect day! I also cannot praise the staff enough. This quality of service is sadly rarely found.
My advice would be that provided you are organised they will ensure the day is flawless.
We had three options of menu. We were overwealmed by the fantastic standard of food. Wedding food is rarely this good. We had a jazz band and disco which the Plough could easily accommodate. It suited all age groups with a wide variety of seating and areas to sit.
We had all the rooms booked out at night so we and family and friends could stay and a lovely family breakfast in the morning.
I have really joyous memories of our day and the Plough was key to it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it!

The Browns

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband booked The Plough as a birthday treat for me on the 27th July and what a treat it was. We stayed for 2 nights in the Torsin room and wished we could have stayed longer. The room was magnificent and huge with a wonderful, luxuriously and comfy superking size bed. The bathroom, also large and out of this world with a gorgeous, refreshing waterfall shower. The food in the hotel could not be faulted with lots of choice on the dinner menu. The only criticism we would make was breakfast was continental with an extra charge for a cooked breakfast. I did think this was a little naughty as it was not explained on their website. Apart from that the whole experience was a joy and we intend to visit again in the autumn

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lupton
2 mi away
#1 of 1 in Arkholme
Sun Inn
Sun Inn
#1 of 12 in Kirkby Lonsdale

Been to The Plough? Share your experiences!