The Pilgrim Hotel
Travelodge Hereford Grafton(Grafton)(Great Value!)
$50
$74
TripAdvisor
Glewstone Court(Ross-on-Wye)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsross on wyeboth nightsnight breakhomemade biscuitsfabulous viewsmixed grillcurrybrecon beaconslovely hotelpruneslovely foodmurder mysteryvaried menubeautiful countrysideshort breakexcellent value for moneyrelaxing stay
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel is a real discovery-everything about our first visit to Hereford was perfect and enjoyable, starting with this as a base...wonderful room and views-friendly attentive staff and of course views to die for. We were well placed to explore..Ross on Wye-Symonds Yat and Rock-tinrtern Abbey and NT properties...the weather was great...I did pop my "work head"on for 10 mins to check out the potential for conferences/meetings etc and being so easily accessed from Birmingham it scored well and is now on my list. The only negattive was we werent there long enough..next time maybe....there will be a next time for sure!

Room Tip: Well previous reviewers have implied a room at the front could be noisy (A49) but we didnt find it so ( room 18 )-the views from the other side we enjoyed from the terrace bar/restaurant/large patio area so dont feel we missed out.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We spent 4 nights at The Pilgrim Hotel,and enjoyed every minute.The staff are attentive and helpful,and the food is wonderful.Our room was spacious,and a valley view room,with views to the Black mountains.The hotel is spotless,and the bar area very pleasant, a good place to spend the last hour before bed.
This was our second visit,and I hope not our last.

Room Tip: Always ask for a valley room.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

we stayed for 2 nights. when i booked I said I was disabled and they automatically put us in a groundfloor room. the room was plainly but pleasantly furnished with a small bathroom which had been infested by the 6' foot plumber (i.e. he who puts hooks at the top of doors and shower fittings out of reach of anyone under 5'8"!). the views were wonderful, the bed comfortable, the lights bright enough to read by. the fod was very well cooked and interesting. unfortunately, the first evening the waiters forgot to offer our table rolls and then forgot the wine we ordered. we waited when we got our main course and eventually someone came and after much toing and froing, we got our wine (by which time our food was luke warm). the second night everything was perfect. when I mentioned the problem when checking out, the lady in reception listened to me and sorted things without any hasssle. I was very impressed. it is a lovely place to stay and does have one room with a wet room attached. we will definitely go back.

Room Tip: the hotel is off a main road but the rooms are placed so that a corridor protects you against any noise. all seem to have wonderful views. if you are disabled try for room 11.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed for one night while visiting The Laskett. Lovely warm welcome and exceptionally helpful staff. My single room was very nice, old fashioned furniture and basic toiletries but clean and with a lovely view, very quiet at night.

Dinner was very good, beautifully cooked and presented, and excellent value. The wine less so!
Breakfast was super and again the staff were most helpful.

My only gripes were loud music at breakfast which we didn't need or want, and a teddy on the bed to "adopt" - creepy.

The hotel has a very relaxed and nice atmosphere, with delightful staff.
After checking out, I left my phone charger and was immediately called by the hotel so I could pick it up, very helpful. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2013

A very welcoming hotel with really pleasant and helpful staff. Our room had breathtaking views over the countryside and garden, and was very comfortable, inviting, and clean. The food was exceptionally good, with an imaginative menu, and beautifully presented. We didn't visit the swimming pool or fitness centre but on the standards of the rest of the hotel we would have confidence recommending them and in going to them next time. We can't praise The Pilgrim any more highly than to say we didn't want to leave and will return as soon as we are able.

Room Tip: Our first floor room on the south side had wonderful views of the gardens and countryside and was peaceful and quiet.