“Amazing Location, Amazing Service”
Review of The Torbay Manor

The Torbay Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Torbay
The Torbay Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Torbay B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I booked to stay at The Torbay Manor for 4 nights from 10th - 13th January 2013 as we visited New Zealand to get married. The night of 10th I spend with my Chief Bridesmaid while the other three nights I stayed with my Husband.
From the start Sandy was amazing- very helpful and friendly on emails at point of booking and we were very much looking forward to arriving- having looked at the website it looked amazing.
I have to say that we were not disappointed- the location is amazing. Right on the water front with views of the Sea and The Tor.
We stayed in The Tor suite and it had everything we needed.
Sandy was fantastic- so very helpful and always happy to help- even offering to take some photos of me and my mum on the front lawn before the wedding.
We had Sandy lay on a buffet for the ladies on the day of the wedding and this was beautiful also.
All I can say is that this is an amazing guest house/B&B and I would highly recommend it to anybody.
Thanks Sandy for mazing our stay so special!!!
x

Room Tip: Choose The Tor- you have provate entrace and dining area- it is truly amazing!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ch86uk
There are newer reviews for The Torbay Manor

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had our wedding here. It was only a small wedding but you cannot fault this venue, it is just perfect.
Sandy the host could not have done any more to make our day as perfect as what it was, the food was amazing, venue is just stunning, immaculate throughout, luxurious bedding, ultra clean, very private area, views to die for and as I said Sandy made our whole day possible, nothing was too hard for her, she was just amazing and such a lovely caring person, her food and menu she came up with just exactly what we wanted high quality food and was presented beautifully. Our dinner was served in a private dinning area which was sensational with beautiful views of the sea and where we got engaged which made this venue even more special for us. Breakfast was served on the front deck in the beautiful morning sun with the beach a stone throw away. What an amazing day, Thanks you Sandy you are a Gem thanks for making our day so special wonderfully romantic.

Room Tip: Gat the big room with private dinning sensational
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kaye I
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I spent the day here with colleagues and I must say the venue is superb. The location is very quiet at the end of a dead-end street with views out over the bay that are simply incredible. The food is the best part and was top-notch restaurant grade and plentiful too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank MrYellowDuck
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Thank goodness we found this lovely accomodation in an area that does not offer a good choice. Pretty poor in fact.
Torbay Manor is a delight to stay in. My wife and I had to be in Torbay for the weekend. We were fortunate to stay here. Great host, great accomodation, lovely dinner served in a private dining room that is part of one of the suites. And a lovely breakfast to send us on our way.
Sandy makes a great Eggs Benedict.
and of course the added bonus of looking over the local beach. The bed scored 5 stars as well.

Room Tip: Ask for the sea view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Llywyllyn
Sandy E, Owner at The Torbay Manor, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your very nice review .
Thoroughly enjoyed having you here at The Manor .
Look forward to meeting you again one day :)
Kind Regards,
Sand E

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stopped here to aclimatise after lopng haul flight, perfect antedate to jet lag, coffee on the verandah taking in the sea view over the lavender lined lawns. beautiful location, luxurious bedding,Each room different in a boutique style with fresh flowers and good bathrooms. The beach is on the doorstep ,peaceful away from it all position with incredible views of Rangitoto.. breakfast menu was suitably indulgent, warm hospitality from lovely hosts-we stayed on arrival and departure from NZ, simply stunning!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Claire C
Sandy E, Owner at The Torbay Manor, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words ! Appreciate it ..
Kind Regards,
Sandy

Reviewed November 5, 2010

We went for honeymoon my wife and I and it was amazing time
The view to the Tor bay is uniq and sandy and Nigel are very nice people
Good service and good food
If you are looking for nice spoiling time it shur is the place for that

• Stayed: November 2010
4  Thank JudNJud
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torbay
Brown's Bay Olive Tree Motel & Apartment
Whangaparaoa Lodge
Whangaparaoa Lodge
#1 of 2 in Whangaparaoa
Sea Vista Apartments
Sea Vista Apartments
#1 of 1 in Torbay

Been to The Torbay Manor? Share your experiences!