“Great food, friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Seagrille

Seagrille
Cuisines: Canadian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brentwood Drive
Transit: BC Transit Bus Route #75 located directly in front of Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa.
Nanaimo, Canada
“Great food, friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We had both dinner and breakfast at the Seagrille during a recent stay at the Lodge. Dinner was excellent -- super fresh ingredients, perfectly prepared (we had oysters, then jumbo scallops, seafood risotto for one of us, halibut for the other). Every bite was a savoury delight! Breakfast was also great (eggs benny), with the staff being friendly enough to offer us the complete menu selections, even though we had arrived late and they had technically stopped serving breakfast 30 minutes earlier! We'll definitely eat here again!

MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Seagrille, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We're delighted that every bite was a savory delight! We certainly offer a great array of fresh seafood items for the seafood lover in us; come breakfast or dinner. Thank you for taking the time to post a review with pictures and we look forward to your next visit. We're now offering breakfast from 7:30am to 10am daily and Brunch on Sundays from 10:30am to 2:30pm. Come check out our great selections.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent place to go on date night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I first came here for her birthday and absolutely loved it. We had to come back for valentines day too! The atmosphere here is great, it's a small seating area with only about 20 tables but they all overlook the bay and there is a fireplace at one end of the dinning room. As for the food its some of the best we've had in a long time! Prices are not bad for an upscale style restaurant and the value for what you get is good. We spent about $200 each time but we each got a 5 course meal with spirits to start and wine during the meal and specialty drinks with dessert. Our server was great, very attentive, but at the same time wasn't in your face all the time to see if you needed anything. Both times we spent over 2 hours just sitting, eating, drinking, and enjoying view and good company of each other. We forgot our left over wine once, but a simple call to the reatuarant and they put it aside for us to pick up the next day. We definitely recommend this place for dinner. Been to the pub side once quick and it seemed great as well though we did t actually eat or drink anything just stopped in for a couple mins for a friends going away.

MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Seagrille, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for making us your "go to" place for very special events such as Valentines and a date night out with your special someone. Our Brentwood Pub offers delicious appetizers, wood oven pizzas, hand made hamburgers and a heated outdoor patio or indoor fireplace with seaside views. I highly recommend you give it a try your next visit!
Victoria
“When can we return? SOON I hope!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I experienced the Seagrille on an overnight stay at the Brentwood Bay Resort as part of a Vancouver Island deal. WOW. The atmosphere was great, the restaurant itself is quaint and the table, cutlery etc was sparkling clean which always starts it off right. My husband ordered the crab cake and I had to take it from him lol It was the BEST crab cake I have ever had and I have had my share. I ordered the rack of lamb and it was cooked to perfection. Every vegetable was fresh and perfectly cooked and the plate presentation was excellent. The next morning we had the breakfest which included pastries and fresh fruit. You would think the fruit was perfectly in season the way it tasted. The variety and cost was fantastic. I love fine dining in the Victoria area and now have added the Seagrille to the TOP of that list. HIGHLY recommend and ask myself daily "wonder if we can make time for Seagrille this weekend?" LOL

• Visited March 2013
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Seagrille, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We'd LOVE to have you back - we open at 5:30pm tonight within the Seagrille! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and explain in detail how we made you feel during your visit. We look forward to having you back!
Sidney, Canada
“Tasting menu - good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We tried the tasting menu which consisted of 5 courses - salad, soup, appetizer, entree and dessert. A filling meal which was good but not great ... we had higher expectations. Each of the courses was good but would not stand alone with the exception of the salmon entree (delicious) and the pumpkin cheesecake dessert (tasty). The server was a little abrupt and did not manage dietary restrictions (due to medications) very well. The drink pricing was very reasonable and lots of options.

Visited February 2013
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Seagrille, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed our salmon entree and cheesecake dessert. We also take into consideration all concerns you have mentioned and will look into these matters further. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Victoria, Canada
“I will definitely return!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I came here in December with a Groupon for a five course tasting menu, and it was amazing!!! The waiter we had was extremely polite and personable; we felt very taken care of :) I was afraid that five courses was going to be too much, but it was the perfect amount of food, with the right amount of time in between each course. They also make a fabulous dirty martini, one of my favourites!! I had a chance to check out the sushi menu, but didn't order any as I figured we'd have enough food, but I did come back a month later and ordered the Todd Inlet roll...OMG!!! I am a huge sushi fan, and this roll was better than anything I've ever ordered in a sushi restaurant!!! I look forward to coming back and trying more sushi :)))

• Visited December 2012
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Seagrille, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We definitely want to have you back! We truly appreciate your returned patronage and for taking the time to write a review about your two separate dinning experiences with us. Our Sushi and Sashimi are quite popular and I will certainly pass on your comments about the Chefs skills. We offer throughout the year 3, 4 and 5 course Chef Tastings and all are made with the freshest local and seasonal ingredients, when dining with us it will always be something exciting, fresh, and new. Thank you.