“Not worth the money”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brentwood Drive
Transit: BC Transit Bus Route #75 located directly in front of Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa.
Description: Inspired by the inherent and intrinsic beauty of the Pacific North West, the Dining Room at Brentwood Bay stands unpretentious in its character. Willing to be both timelessly classic and ingenious in our creative process, we are here, quite simply, to celebrate. Ever searching for the soul that is within each element of the dish, we draw these essences together to create something entirely new, yet entirely familiar. In the same breath that we celebrate the truest nature of our ingredients, we celebrate the beauty that comes from finding authenticity within ourselves. With care and attention to who you are, we strive to create the experience that will align with you the most. We will dazzle, if you choose to be dazzled. We will educate, should you wish to be educated. We will serve you silently with barely a whisper, should you choose to spend the evening simply indulging in the company of your dining partners. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Wonderful room, nice view, quite elegant. I live near there, and have been twice. Never again. Both times we had reservations and had to wait for 30 minutes to be seated. Once seated, it took 20 minutes to have our order taken. The food was good, but not spectacular. Wine is expensive. It's not worth the money.

2  Thank ianjc

Reviewed August 10, 2011

The Sea Grille restaurant in the Brentwood Bay Lodge has one of the best ocean view patios in Victoria. The wide menu selection has something for everyone. The panko battered halibut is the best I've ever tasted and my husband enjoyed the Todd Inlet Sushi.
Very good food for a reasonable price in a beautiful setting.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

We were a table of 6 and arrived at 7:00 on Good Friday evening for dinner. The restaurant was very busy. It took the server a while before we got our drink order taken and then even longer to get our drinks. Four of us ordered the 3 course dinner for $29 including soup, entre and dessert. Two of us ordered alacart off the menu. We ordered sushi for an appy and seafood for a main course. After waiting about 1/2 an hour for our appetizers the waitress came over and informed us that it was the sushi that was holding up our order and that they were behind. I wish she had of told us sooner and we could have ordered something else as everyone else at the table was waiting for their soup. We finally got it after an hour of waiting. Our main course arrived at 8:40, an hour and 40 minutes after we had got there. My parents are elderly and this was an awful long wait for them. My dish was steamed seafood in broth and was supposed to come with mussels, clams, oysters and prawns as well as baby potatoes. There were no potatoes to be seen in the dish and they had subsituted scallops for oysters. My mom is allergic to scallops so if she had of ordered the dish it could have been a disaster. The waitress should have let us know about the change. All in all the food was good but I don't think I would want to wait that long again for it and I don't think I will rush back out there.

Reviewed December 29, 2010

When we booked at Brentwood bay spa and resort this year, we looked forward again to dining at SeaGrille restaurant. What a shock and disappointment....Unlike the previous years, the squash soup had hardly any taste of the rich creamy squash....mostly pepperly and no flavour. My favourite Arctic char which I always ordered at my previous stays had none of the rich fish flavour and texture and was coated with sweet syrupy sauce which masked the fish taste.. . My husband's Xmas dinner came with potatoes burned black and dry turkey.(?).... there was no turkey flavour, just mushy texture. The best dish I enjoyed was the Sea Grille's salad with bacon bits and Panago cheese slices on top. THe wait time between the second course and the main was almost an hour.
The breakfast came with bacon done almost to burned state and even if the medium poached eggs were overcooked, the omelet rubbery.... because of such a long wait for the main breakfast, one just ate what was edible and left .

What a shame to be seated in a beautiful setting overlooking the garden to the ocean,
surrounded by art pieces and rich interior finishes and not be served with quality from the kitchen. This is the first time we have encountered this poor quality from the kitchen and the long waits..... hopefully it will be corrected.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

There is a framed sign near the bathrooms that boasts how they adhere to the hundred mile diet AND are ocean wise but something tells me this is baloney. The menu means business when trying to sell itself to the patron with words like "local" and "organic" and even "seasonal", however it is evident these are not important to whoever runs this place. I guess since some of the other successful fine dining establishments in town use these words on their menus' then naturally to be successful it is a given to try to emulate, right? WRONG! Don't be fooled by these restaurants who rely heavily on ingredients from massive food suppliers like SYSCO to save money but jump on the "local" bandwagon to charge more and attract the clientele

The only honest thing at Seagrille is the sushi. Very very good