“Engagement weekend out of town getaway.”

and 1 more site!
Benvenuto Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I took my wife to stay at the Benvenuto Bed & Breakfast the weekend that I proposed to her. I chose this B&B over several others because the location was walking distance to both the Butchart Gardens and the Butterfly Gardens. It was very easy to access by transit, both from the Swartz Bay ferry and Downtown Victoria; a bus stopped just down the road to the B&B, and the bus driver let us off right in front of the house when we first got there since it was a slow area. This was very important to us since my wife and I travel strictly by transit.

I had such a wonderful experience at this B&B. The owners were friendly, accommodating and full of information. I am a very picky eater, and I could not complain about the food once; it was wonderfully made and beautifully served. We stayed in The Robin's Nest room and it was refreshing and welcoming from the moment we stepped in.

I really can't say enough positive things about this B&B. If I get the chance, I hope to stay here again. Although it states we stayed in August of 2011, we actually stayed in June 2010; I wanted to write the review awhile ago but completely forgot to.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
BenvenutoBnB, Owner at Benvenuto Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Hello there,
My name is Peter Twiss and my wife Stephanie and I just recently bought Benvenuto Bed & Breakfast from Carrie. She unfortunately had a tragic loss in her life and was unable to carry on running Benvenuto.
We plan on picking up right where she left off. We just wanted to introduce ourselves and invite you to have a look at our website and consider staying with us on your next trip to Victoria, BC.

There are newer reviews for Benvenuto Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed here before and enjoyed it so we came back for Christmas Day as we were visiting Family in the neighbourhood. Carrie is very organized and professional, breakfast is brought to your room in a wicker basket at a prearranged time. There is a coffeemaker, kettle, toaster and other basic kitchen items in your room. The room is large with a sofa and nice bathroom. Best thing about this place is that I can visit the goats which are a few steps away. They are so cute !

Room Tip: Both rooms that I stayed in are very nice. The Robin's Nest and The Rooster's Den.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed at the Benvenuto B & B for 2 nights. Carrie put us in the "LOFT". Our stay was perfect. The room was beautiful and comfortable. Carrie was a very gracious hostess and her breakfast was wonderful.

Room Tip: Perfect place to stay when seeing the Gardens. Close enough to Victoria to enjoy the city too.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 58livinlavidaloca77

Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed one night. This is somewhat of an unusual B&B in that you have a separate entrance to your room and no access to the main house (there is no need to do so). The breakfast was excellent and brought to your room by the host at a time specified by you. We sat outside on a beautiful day, listening to the birds and the sounds of farm animals while enjoying our food. The room itself was large and well appointed and quite new and clean. Very comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Rooster's Den at the Benvenuto B&B starting the evening of Tue. 7/26/11 through Fri. 7/29/11. If you want to get away from the crowds and crush of downtown Victoria and enjoy a quiet, beautiful, rural setting in the South of the island this is the only place to stay. Carrie and her husband are running a terrific inn and they're the best hosts one could hope for.

On checking in Carrie briefed us on the particulars and provided us with all the information we needed to plan out our days. We elected to have her arrange our trip to the Butchart Gardens (which is close enough that you can walk there if you'd like but it's no more than a 10 minute drive, if that), and got us a 10% discount allowing us to drive right in (Carrie billed us at checkout which made it easy). On another day she helped us figure out a hike that was within our capabilities (with appropriate wildlife warnings) and it turned out to be a perfect day trip for us.

The Rooster's Den room was beyond comfortable. Ample bathroom space, comfortable bed with electric fireplace, plenty of room to spread our camera gear around, and along with cable TV, wireless Internet, fridge and microwave it allowed us to keep an eye on the the distant world while keeping the wine chilled and our own after-dinner treats warm. The bath products she uses are produced on the island and were as wonderful to smell as to use.

I'm not a morning person, but Carrie's breakfast turned me into one -- albeit temporarily. :) She makes the most wonderful treats and I looked forward to the basket delivered to our door each morning. My favorite was the baked eggs in thin pastry cups (something she told me she's been making for a while and that frequently receives complements), with my other favorite being the blueberry "pancake" (which is baked in a small piece of crockery) with maple syrup and and fresh sausages. Everything is made from scratch and the fresh fruit that comes with it was so delicious we packed to take with us on our hikes. They keep goats and elephant-ear pigs on the property which added to the detached-from-the-city feel and provided a few hours of entertainment as we relaxed at the end of the day watching the goats clamber around in their own private tree-house. You can relax in chairs on the lawn under a tree or you can sit on your private patio. Given the fantastic weather that blessed us we took advantage of both.

The three guest rooms are separated from Carrie's main house and arranged so that the two bottom rooms are separated by a staircase that leads to the upper room, leaving the only common wall between them all being a portion of the floor/ceiling between them (think a triangle -- you can see this in TripAdvisor's photograph). This made for a totally quiet stay in spite of guests being in all three rooms.

We didn't even begin to scratch the surface of the things to do on Victoria Island, but we're already planning another trip in the Spring and we'll back to the Benvenuto B&B when we return!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband and I came to Victoria for our first anniversary. We chose Benvenuto B & B based on the other reviews we read. Our stay was wonderful! We were in the Rooster's Den for two nights. The room and bathroom were clean and charming, and had all the amenities we needed. Carrie was very helpful with the requests we made. She even offered us discounts for a few of the attractions in town. There were a ton of brochures in the room as well as a binder full of sightseeing activities. The breakfasts were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It was something beautiful and new each morning and they were filling! The B & B itself is right by the Butchart Gardens (a must-see), but is off the main road surrounded by nature so you're bound to get a good night's sleep. Each room has its own private patio to enjoy your breakfast or take in the landscaping. Thank you, Carrie and Clint (little Hunter, too), for making our stay so memorable for our very first anniversary! We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Everything about our stay was great. Family atmosphere, proximity to The Butchart Gardens, breakfast, surrounding area (Victoria, the Ferry Terminal...), quiet, Loft.... We hope to return again.

• Stayed: June 2011

Hotel Grand Pacific
#14 of 49 in Victoria
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Central Saanich

Been to Benvenuto Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!