Guest Suites on Benvenuto
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Western 66 Motel(Central Saanich)
View Hotel
All reviewsbutchart gardensb bbrentwood baybed and breakfastcharming hostsperfect accommodationeach morningprivate patiokeurig coffee machineeverything you could possibly needvancouver islandstay was wonderfulchicken cooplocal sausageshort driveferry terminalwarm hospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2011

In the Benvenuto Bed and Breakfast, you can experience peace and quiet, a restful feeling, and warm hearted care. And also, good Canadian breakfasts. I am a Japanese anthropologist, teaching “how to understand other cultures” at JIchi Medical University in Japan. I am studying about Canadian First Nations art and culture. For many years I have been to Vancouver Island to study. This time, I took my students who are graduating this spring. (In Japan, students graduate in March, and the new school year begins in April, the cherry blossom season.) On this trip, I wanted my students to learn about “Canadian Culture”, I wanted them to learn the spiritual depth of the stories of the totem poles and also, the good part of Canadian people. Fortunately, I could show my students both. I showed my students many totempoles and stories told by First Nations. And through staying with Carrie, Clint and Hunter (their cute little baby boy), my students could learn about “Good Canadians”, and delicious breakfasts.
I always like to stay at BBs because I always want to have warm human-to-human relationship with the people I am staying with. At Benvenuto Bed and Breakfast, I could find it.

Stayed: March 2011
BenvenutoBnB, Owner at Guest Suites on Benvenuto, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Hello there,
My name is Peter Twiss and my wife Stephanie and I just recently bought Benvenuto Bed & Breakfast from Carrie. She unfortunately had a tragic loss in her life and was unable to carry on running Benvenuto.
We plan on picking up right where she left off. We just wanted to introduce ourselves and invite you to have a look at our website and consider staying with us on your next trip to Victoria, BC.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

My family and i, the 5 of us, planned to stay here for one night. But on arriving and experiencing the place for a few hours, we loved it so much that we decided to stay another night. The beds are comfy, great rooms, amazing facilities, fast internet and yummy breakfast. Carrie was friendly and helpful. The goats on the farm were a cute touch too. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2010

Reviewed October 16, 2010

Yes, it's just about next door to the Buchart Gardens. Lovely rural outlook. very comfortable room, very friendly host with gorgeous young son, good with tips for local activities and restaurants, and yes, the most delicious cooked breakfast. About a 25 minute drive into Victoria. We quite enjoyed our 2 night stay here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 26, 2010

My wife and I chose to stay at Benvenuto B&B because it was close to the attractions we wanted to see (Butterfly Gardens and Butchart Gardens) It was very convienent to get to from the Swartz Bay Ferry terminal and set in a country style setting, mixed in with three little pigs and 4 goats. The rooms were spacious (We stayed in "The Loft" room) and had everything that we wanted. Carrie is a very impressive cook and did an awesome job every morning that we stayed there with delivering breakfast in a basket for us. As this was our honeymoon, it really was a treat to stay at such a beautiful place that was nice and clean and secluded. For those traveling by BC Transit, there is a bus stop right there that can take you into town and to Butchart Gardens too, along with catching up with the ferry too. What a wonderful little gem to stay at :)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 8, 2010

We loved the Loft room at Benvenuto. We really spread out and made ourselves at home, and the bed was heavenly! We looked forward to looking out our balcony french doors each morning to see what Carrie/Clint's goats and pigs were doing! And then it was time for Carrie's delicious breakfast, delivered to our door with little Hunter on her hip--it looked like the cover of a food magazine, and delicious too! You couldn't ask for a more relaxed, comfortable B&B, and we loved Carrie, Clint, & Hunter. The location is wonderful too--made our early am flight so easy to make!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple