“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Sooke, Canada
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I would highly recommend this establishment. The entire experience was outstanding. The fine detail and thought put into this resort followed with amazing customer service, excellent.
We can not wait to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank MichaelTammy
Natasha R, General Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
We cannot wait to welcome you again MichaelTammy! Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are thrilled you had such a delightful time.

Until next time,

Natasha Richardson, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I just stayed here for two nights and was incredibly impressed. Gina at the front desk was sweet and went above and beyond. The room was gorgeous with floor to vaulted ceiling views of the bay and the washroom was very spa like. The room was very clean and well equipped with everything you could need or want. I ordered room service a number of times and was always thrilled with not only the great food but the warm and friendly service. I felt like very welcome and appreciated. Also, The dive shop just steps away at the Marina is the best ever! Alisa is so incredibly knowledgeable and she turned this trip into something even more amazing. I recommend to anyone to go say "hi" to her - you be amazed with her warmth and enthusiasm for the local diving community.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank CalgaryTraveljunkies
Thank you so much for your glowing compliments CalgaryTraveljunkies! I am looking forward to sharing your review with the team, especially Gina and Alisa! They will both be so thrilled to read your wonderful feedback. We hope you will coming back to visit us very soon!

Victoria, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We spent two nights at this beautiful resort and were very impressed with the quality of the service and surroundings - from the sparkling wine provided at check in, floor to ceiling windows overlooking the marina and bay, tasteful art and high quality linens and amenities to the extensive wine list and tasty sushi. Therapeutic massage at the spa was outstanding and we enjoyed the outdoor hot tub and pool. The place is very clean and the staff very accommodating. We enjoyed two great dinners at the Seagrille. At the risk of sounding picky, I would have to say that breakfast was just OK, food and service wise and we didn't eat breakfast there the second morning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lozzz
We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us Iozzz! Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We are very proud of our stunning resort and work hard to ensure we offer our guests exceptional service and standards through every moment of their stay. Your comments about breakfast are not picky at all. Thank you for letting us know. Breakfast is definitely an area we are working on improving. We hope you will be back to join us again very soon and please do let us know how we are doing!

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Absolutely beautiful resort. Worth the $$$ if you want to be removed from the city an looking for peace and quiet and relaxation. Loved the spa and the outdoor pool. Pub inside the hotel was awesome. There are spa resorts on the Island here that could learn a thing or two about what exceptional first class service looks like.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Ashleyplecas
Thank you so much for your wonderful review Ashleyplecas! We are very proud of our beautiful property and do our very best to offer our guests service that matches that beauty. We are thrilled you had such a wonderful time and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us very soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed here for two nights midweek in december. Front desk staff were amazing! offered us sparkling wine upon check in, and escorted us to our room and showed us where everything was. The in room amenites were top notch and so was the view. We stayed in a standard Ocean Suite and it was perfect for us. We ate in the Pub the first night, and the Restaurant the second night and enjoyed both meals. We also enjoyed a couples massage at the spa. We frequent the area quite a bit due to flights, and would love to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blueberrii
We are so thrilled to read about your recent stay with us Blueberrii. I am so glad you were able to enjoy all of what our beautiful resort has to offer. We hope you always choose to stay with us when you are in the area. We look forward to welcoming you very soon!

Acapulco, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I just sent a detailed email to the resort informing them of the rather rude and dismissive treatment we received around the checkout time and thought I may as well add in a review while I'm at it.
Everything had been fine with our stay until I got a call from front desk asking me if we needed a late checkout time as we were 37 min past 11am (i glanced at the clock then). I admit I wasnt aware that 11am was the checkout time but I had been packing when they called.
I wont get into every little detail but suffice it to say that: a 12 pm time was implemented on us without our say, housekeeping came at exactly 1159am(!) as we were doing the last check around for stuff, etc, and the key was invalid immediately and we couldnt even access the marina and cafe ramp from inside the resort as we wanted to go there for a coffee after we had put the bags in the vehicle.
I must add that I had been booked into a spa massage from 945-1045am and given the tea offering afterwards which I did drink in the spa seating room. I had only gotten back to the room at about 1120am.
I would never have booked the massage at that time had I known that I would be racing back up to quickly shower, change and pack within a 15 min timeframe!
I know I should have been more aware of the exact checkout time but- wow- not even a minute of wiggle room? and this after we had paid for extra spa services?
I also found it bizarre that the spa didnt even mention once that I had a checkout time staring me down the face- I was in a robe covered in oil afterwards- wouldn't they see the problem I may have been setting myself up for?
Within 22 minutes, we had THREE pushes out the door! Talk about feeling unwanted.
Unfortunately, the last taste of our stay left a bitterness and we won't be inclined to go back. Shameful- as it is a lovely resort with great surroundings.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank leanne d
Natasha R, General Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your review leanne d. I am very sorry to learn about how your experience with us ended. Your detailed feedback has given us many points, which will be extremely useful as we work towards offering an exemplary experience to every guest who joins us. Our check-in time is 3:00 PM and our housekeeping team has to work very hard to ensure the rooms are cleaned and ready for our arriving guests. When our resort is busy, which is was during your stay, it can be a challenge when our departing guests are enjoying their rooms past our check-out time of 11:00 AM. I am glad to hear we were able to accommodate an extra hour for you, although I really appreciate your feedback about how we handled your extension. We absolutely could have given you a much more seamless experience had we anticipated your needs more. Thank you again for your feedback. I am looking forward to reviewing how we anticipate our guests needs with the team. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to wow you. Please feel free to connect with me directly.

Victoria, BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I booked a New Year's Eve at this resort. I stayed at this place once before and had a good experience. However, my experience this time was poor. Bottom of the barrel.

Upon checking in, I asked about the pub and restaurant hours for meal times. I was informed due to the New Year's Eve celebration both facilities have limited access. So my partner and I decided to eat elsewhere.

Around 11 pm, I started to hear the thumping base of club music emanating into my room. At first I thought it was a party going at a house nearby. It was not the neighborhood but the resort pub.

As midnight approach the base sounds from music got worse. I call the front desk and ask how long this thumping music was going to go on. The clerk reply that she was not sure. And that she would see if the manager can turn down the base of the music. The base music selection did not change for another half an hour. My partner and I could not sleep.

First off, I was not warn there would be loud thumping club music at check in and the approximate times it was to be on.

Second upon check out I brought up to the desk front staff of the unpleasant experience I had due to the loud music and trying to sleep, their response was tepid. No amends was made to make up for the poor experience I had. It was just a simple "We are sorry."

Sorry? If you market yourself as a top resort and you do not try to make amends, that is simply not good enough. Other places I stayed at where I had poor experiences, the staff always tried to make amends.

I would not had stayed here if I knew in advance there would be loud thumping club music being played into the wee hours. But most importantly I was not warn in advance at check in, and I was not presented an opportunity to be moved to a room further away to minimize the club music noise coming into my room.

No serious attempt was made to make amends; especially for a resort and spa that markets itself as 4 stars.

Poor experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank josephvictoria
Thank you so much for your feedback Josephvictoria. I am so sorry to hear that our New Years events impacted your stay so negatively. The event in the pub does get loud and go past midnight. I do admit that the base was particularly loud this year and we are evaluating who we will invite to entertain our guests in the pub next year. Our Guest Service Agents are usually exceptional at letting guests know when there could be a potential impact on our guests due to an event at the resort, so I am very sorry to hear that we did not provide you with this information at check-in. Please accept my apologies for us not ensuring you were satisfied when you left our Resort. I do hope you will give us another opportunity. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to visit us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Central Saanich
#1 of 52 in Victoria
The Fairmont Empress
#19 of 52 in Victoria
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,421 reviews

Been to Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!