I booked a New Year's Eve at this resort. I stayed at this place once before and had a good experience. However, my experience this time was poor. Bottom of the barrel.
Upon checking in, I asked about the pub and restaurant hours for meal times. I was informed due to the New Year's Eve celebration both facilities have limited access. So my partner and I decided to eat elsewhere.
Around 11 pm, I started to hear the thumping base of club music emanating into my room. At first I thought it was a party going at a house nearby. It was not the neighborhood but the resort pub.
As midnight approach the base sounds from music got worse. I call the front desk and ask how long this thumping music was going to go on. The clerk reply that she was not sure. And that she would see if the manager can turn down the base of the music. The base music selection did not change for another half an hour. My partner and I could not sleep.
First off, I was not warn there would be loud thumping club music at check in and the approximate times it was to be on.
Second upon check out I brought up to the desk front staff of the unpleasant experience I had due to the loud music and trying to sleep, their response was tepid. No amends was made to make up for the poor experience I had. It was just a simple "We are sorry."
Sorry? If you market yourself as a top resort and you do not try to make amends, that is simply not good enough. Other places I stayed at where I had poor experiences, the staff always tried to make amends.
I would not had stayed here if I knew in advance there would be loud thumping club music being played into the wee hours. But most importantly I was not warn in advance at check in, and I was not presented an opportunity to be moved to a room further away to minimize the club music noise coming into my room.
No serious attempt was made to make amends; especially for a resort and spa that markets itself as 4 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on pristine Brentwood Bay, in the heart of Victoria's wine country, minutes from Butchart Gardens and with easy access to Downtown Victoria and the Airport, this boutique hotel is a luxury resort with contemporary west coast flair. Each elegant Ocean Suite features king beds, spa-like bathrooms, romantic fireplaces and stunning ocean views. Simple, intimate and relaxing… indulge in a true state of bliss at our full-service spa and enjoy our on site dining while taking in the beautiful view. We’re not a million miles away, it just feels like it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brentwood Bay Hotel Brentwood Bay
- Brentwood Bay Resort And Spa
- Brentwood Bay Inn