Quality Inn Waddling Dog
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$174
$163
$57
Villa Eyrie Resort(Malahat)(Great Value!)
$147
$139
Priceline
The Cedarwood Inn and Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$108
Cherry Tree Inn(Saanich)(Great Value!)
$78
$54
$124
Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$140
$134
Agoda.com
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$96
The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$175
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbasset houndthe pubvictoria airportenglish tudorclose to the airportmill bayincluded breakfastclean hotelyogurthot breakfastrooms are spaciousold worldlibraryferrypetsplugbc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2008

A wonderful Hotel. We stayed there for 2 nights. The staff was wonderful. The rooms were large, very comfortable and very clean. It is very convenient to Sidney, the ferries, and Butchart Gardens. About 6 or 7 minutes to Sidney. The hotel is right next to the highway, but road noise is not an issue. It was actually a very quiet place. The Library is a nice place to have breakfast in the morning. The pub attached to the hotel was a great place for dinner. On our next trip to Vancouver Island we will definitely stay at the Waddling Dog.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I spent one night at the Quality Inn Waddling Dog mid-week on business. I arrived just after 5:00 pm and the front desk agent greeted me and took my reservation. Then "John", the real waddling dog (Bassett Hound) came out from behind the desk and waddled over to say hello! So adorable. Check-in was quick and easy and the front desk agent was friendly.

I stayed in room 304, which was at the end of the hallway across from the snack machine and adjacent to the housekeeping closet. I did not hear any noise from the hallway or my neighbours during my stay.

The hotel is a Tudor style building, and the rooms are decorated as such. My room had a large bay-type window and was furnished with a double bed with matching side tables, an easy chair with a matching foot stool, a writing desk and an armoire that held the television. There is a small coffee maker in the room, but no refrigerator or microwave.

The room was very, very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was absolutely spotless and the shower worked very well. The hotel receives a lot of television channels and the television worked fine. I think the only negative thing I could say is I could not figure out how to work the heating system, but I didn't bother to ask.

I ordered room service for dinner from one of the two restaurants that are in the hotel. I had the Caesar salad and the seafood medley -- it was very good and an excellent price for the amount of food you get. The food arrived in a timely manner and the service staff was polite.

When I checked out the next morning, John the dog was down at the front desk again and we had another little visit. Check out was just as quick and friendly as check in. There was a continental breakfast buffet in the main salon off the lobby. There was an assortment of bagels, cereals, muffins and coffee, juice and tea. I had a bagel and cream cheese. Everything looked fresh and the buffet area was kept nice and clean.

Overall I had a very nice stay at the Waddling Dog and would recommend it to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2007

We spent one night at the Quality Inn Waddling Dog when in Victoria for the marathon. Our room was comfortable and quiet. I was very surprised and pleased to find that the continental breakfast was served at 6 a.m. on a holiday Sunday.

Overall, the hotel is a bit far out of town, but convenient to Butchart Gardens and other attractions on the Saanich peninsula. Though not fancy, it's a solid value.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2007

This is a lovely OLDER hotel. If you like a more modern plush room, this isn't the hotel for you. This feels like a giant house with a "pub" downstairs that served nightly specials at VERY affordable rates. It's has a library with a fireplace and a piano. John the dog would come out and see what you're doing and make his way around the lobby. Nice hotel at a good cheap rate compared to hotels located right in victoria. I would deffinitly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2007

If you're a dog lover, this is the place for you. John, the sweet, loveable, Bassett Hound was so cute. I wish the person working the front desk would have let him come out into the lobby, as I was really missing my dog.

One thing I noticed that was not in other posts is the room air conditioning. All the hotels I've stayed at near the Inner Harbor have no A/C, but the Waddling Dog does, so our room was very comfortable. (Inner harbour hotels w/o A/C include: Best Western Inner Harbor and Executive House) This may not seem like a big deal, but the first time I was there in May of 1998, they had a warm spell of temps in the mid-70s and with the windows closed all day, while we were out, made for a stuffy room, even though box fans came with the Best Western room.

I was also surprised that we didn't hear truck noise at night. Our room was on the 2nd floor, on the front entrance side of the hotel, pictured in the hotel pict.

I really liked the decor and especially the floral tiles in the bathroom. Never have seen any like that before. Breakfast was good, although I can't remember what was served. The front room where breakfast was served was truly relaxing.

Can't wait to go back in 2007 to tour Butchart Gardens again. Other activities we have enjoyed: golf at Bear Mtn., Olympic View, and Cordova Bay, driving down Dallas Dr. to CloverPoint Park, High Tea in Oak Bay at the White Heather and the Blethering Place, Saturday morning flea market in MacDonald Park on Oswego, the Inner Harbor water taxi tours, Empress Gardens and hotel tour, watching cricket in Beacon Hill park, Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard lighthouse, and all the fantastic restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple