“Expensive but worth it”

$241.94*
Full-Day Vancouver to Victoria Tour by Ferry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: These internationally acclaimed floral display gardens and National Historic Site of Canada started over 100 years ago and remain privately owned by the family. Jennie Butchart wanted to make her husband's depleted limestone quarry look better and the result is the Sunken Garden. Other gardens include the Rose Garden, the Japanese Garden and the Italian Garden. The gardens are meticulously maintained and provide a riot of colour for much of the year. During the summer, special lighting subtly illuminates the gardens, musical entertainment takes place on the Concert Lawn, and there are ten spectacular Saturday night Firework Shows. The Magic of Christmas season also has beautiful lighting and evening entertainment, and an outdoor skating rink. Spring offers hundreds of thousand flowering bulbs and Autumn is the time for dahlias, chrysanthemums and fall colours. The Gardens is open daily, year round.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We visited Butchart Gardens in June 2013 the gardens were unbelievably beautiful and we stayed about 3 hours just meandering around the different gardens. The crowds were pretty bad, we went around noon and I think if you want to beat the crowds you should go earlier. The price was high but worth it if you love flowers. The grounds were immaculate and I would suggest packing a snack and finding a quiet bench to sit on and take in the gorgeous blooms.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,851)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I decided to take a day trip to Victoria from Seattle on the ferry, and I am so glad I did. These gardens were wonderful!! One of the prettiest places I have been. It wasn't really busy the day I went, so it was almost like having the whole place to myself. The flowers and grounds were so beautiful. If you are ever in the area of Victoria, this is a must see for sure.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Beautiful garden, but if you have been to similar gardens I would skip and choose something you haven't seen or done.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had seen many years ago Cypress Gardens in Florida. It was nice but these gardens in Victoria are spectacular. Almost no words to describe that. Everything was bloomed. Fascinating. All of these flowers, smelling so good, you could spend a day there. You can do it by yourself or take a tour. Either way, it will be gorgeous. So well kept and so clean. Of course, it's pricey, but if you go to Victoria and you don't go there, you'll regret it for a long time. Go early and allow yourself plenty of time. We are not talking about a botanical garden, we are facing a real wonder. Do yourself a favor and go there.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lovely gardens. My 30ish son and daughter-in-law went with us, but I soon learned that they went because they thought WE would enjoy the gardens. However, both of them said they enjoyed themselves and were very glad we all went.
The plants do not have labels as they are to be for enjoyment, and we really did enjoy them. There are multiple levels, waterfalls, all sorts of attributes in addition to the flowers.
Definitely go! There are fireworks and there is night illumination at night, but we did not stay for that because we had an early ferry the next morning.
IF you bring your car, drive to the gardens yourself. If go to the gardens as part of a tour, it is a LOT more expensive as it is a ways out of town. But it is not difficult to find and part of the drive is pretty.