“Boutique B@B”

Brentwood Lighthouse
Reviewed May 21, 2013

A pleasant meet and greet by Nancy and Alan set us up for a great stay. Their friendly and professional manner; Nancy's special blueberry pancakes and real maple syrup will be long remembered. We spent two glorious days and with Alan's helpful directions we visited the Butchart Gardens twice. Re-entry the next day cost us just $3.50 well worth it from the B&B. Will definitely stay there again. They even kindly took us back to Victoria to connect with our ferry.

Thank you Nancy and Alan for a great stay.

Hilary and Peter

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hilary E

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was my first B&B experience and I traveled alone. After the hosts picked me up from the airport we traveled through winding roads to their beautiful seaside home. I was amazed at the quality and beauty of this B&B which was only surpassed by the charming and supportive hosts, Nancy and Alan. My room was modern, clean and comfortable and the bed was especially luxurious. I enjoyed the deep soaker bath and the quiet comfort. As to the breakfasts, Nancy made kind efforts to meet my unique dietary needs where possible and the meals where delicious. I felt so welcome and so taken care of. I enjoyed the sitting area in the backyard where small birds visited to bathe and scenery transported me away from my thoughts. For 6 days, I walked to the Butchart Gardens- I am a garden lover, to drink in the healing of such floral splendor.  I also walked to the Brentwood bay area to have the freshest mussels that I have ever eaten in my life! I am totally ruined now to go to any other B&B I am sure, and I will return  again and again to Brentwood Lighthouse as this was the most restful holiday of my life.  Thank you to both of you!   Bobbi- Edmonton, Alberta.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Luella room but both are lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Excellent location for visiting the gardens especially if will be staying late for fireworks. We were traveling with husband's son so had both of their rooms. Wonderful views. Large clean room and bathrooms with comfortable beds. Rooms had small fridge, coffee machine. Wonderful breakfast with fresh fruit and yogurt, muffins, frittata with tomatoes and spinach, sausage and bacon and whole grain toast as well as coffee, tea, juice. Alan and Nancy were very gracious hosts. Would definitely stay here again or recommend to friends. Outdoor garden area was very relaxing place to sit and read book.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NC_Hiker
Reviewed July 11, 2012

What a superb location this B&B is situated in. A lovely 15 minute walk takes you to Butchart Gardens in one direction, straight down from the B&B and you are on a walk around the waterfront to several nice cafes and restaurants. Easy drive off the ferry.

Nancy and Alan were superb hosts and the room was beautifully furnished and luxuriant. The views from their dining room for breakfast were so pretty. Breakfast was well presented with lovely fresh fruits and home baking and that sure set us up well for the day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2011

An ideal location for Buchart Gardens, in fact it is a nice stroll from the B&B to the Gardens. Incidentally your ticket allows you to r-enter the same day, this is very good and should be planned into your trip as the Gardens at night are illuminated and really do become spectacular. The famed fountains are magical as is the tranquil Japanese garden. The gardens have 4 seasons and may not have exotic plants for Brits but the planting combinations make up for this. Anyway the B&B is very comfortable, our large room having a giant king size bed and fireplace, the bathroom has a bath with excellent shower over and hot water is abundant. The rooms have there own outside access with another door leading into the house, which is then used to take the stairs to the open plan kitchen lounge area for breakfast. We took the light breakfast options, fruit, muffins etc and this we found very tasty and filling, Nancy is a good cook as well as being a great host, Allan likewise is a great host and very friendly and willing to offer advice on planning your trips. Only slight negative point for us was a lack of chairs in the room or on the room veranda and no tea/coffee facilities in the room. The location is quite and parking is available on the property. It is possible to stroll down to the bay and along to a local restaurant where food was good and not to large portions. Other restaurants recommended by Nancy and Al were also very good. Overall a highly recommended accommodation. Free Wifi. Could be improved with a couple of comfy chairs in the room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We have been to Victoria several times over the past decade, and have typically opted to stay in town at the Inner Harbour. This year we were traveling as a larger group (myself, my wife, our 23 mo old daughter, my parents, and my mother-in-law). As we started looking at hotel prices, we decided instead to look for a B&B close to Butchart Gardens. After reading reviews and searching the internet, I loved the look of the Brentwood Lighthouse B&B.

There was only one problem - it appeared to not have enough rooms for our traveling party. I contacted the owners, Nancy and Allen, and explained our situation. They graciously offered up their master bedroom for my mother-in-law, so that we could have a third room to reserve. Nancy explained that they get such a pleasure of hosting family gatherings that they would move into another area of the house for the two nights we were visiting.

Upon arrival, we were not disappointed. We were warmly welcomed and provided a tour of the rooms and house. The setting has a phenomenal view of the Saanich Inlet and Brentwood Bay community. Our daughter also enjoyed meeting the visiting turtle that Allen and Nancy are hosting for the summer in their outdoor water garden.

Since it was a Summer Saturday, we were eager to go over to Butchart Gardens and claim our lawn space. Allen kindly loaned us two large blankets to take for the evening, as well as a 'walking map' from their home to the gardens. I chose to walk, and it was about a 10-15 minute walk through a low traffic residential neighborhood. Walking also gave me an opportunity to spot a nice neighborhood playground, which I brought my daughter back to multiple times.

After the fireworks, we all came home and settled into very comfortable king size beds. My parents are cold natured, and were thrilled to utilize the 'electric fireplace' in the rooms (so much so that my mom now wants one for her house).

We stayed a total of two nights, and each of our breakfasts were absolutely splendid, leveraging foods from local farms. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and this did not disappoint. And Nancy made our 23 mo daughter her own custom breakfast, which was appreciated immensely. To work off the breakfast, there is a nice paved trail that is accessible from the home that goes around the waterfront and marinas. And after your walk, there is wifi in the home so you can plan the rest of the day from your room, from the patio overlooking the bay, or from the patio in the garden overlooking the water garden.

Staying at the Brentwood Lighthouse was definitely the right decision for us. The rates were extremely reasonable ($140/nt per room), the service was splendid, the food was awesome, and the hosts very warm and welcoming. We are looking forward to visiting Nancy and Allen and the Brentwood Lighthouse again in the future!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank satxtravelers
Reviewed June 16, 2011

This is a tranquil sanctuary with relaxing views over Brentwood Bay. The accommodation suits are spacious, clean with superb en-suit facilities including soaker tubs and your own private entrance.

Being very frequent travelers we would heartily recommend this as a great place to stay in order to sample this beautiful part of Vancouver Island. The hosts provide both professional and friendly hospitality which is accompanied by a great breakfast that will send you on your way with a smile.

We love this part of the world and are now pleased to have a B&B that we will return to without hesitation.

Chris & Lesley UK

Hotel Grand Pacific
#13 of 49 in Victoria
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Central Saanich

Been to Brentwood Lighthouse? Share your experiences!