“Beautiful view and lovely atmosphere!”
Review of Seahorses Cafe

Seahorses Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a local Family owned lunch restaurant located on the water in Beautiful Brentwood Bay. We offer a diverse lunch menu with gluten friendly options, and a breakfast bun to satisfy you egg lovers out there. We cater to private events/functions, and are fully licensed making our picturesqu venue a perfect spot for your special event.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is a gorgeous view next to the ferry. The restaurant is clean, appealing and the service is friendly. The window doors opened up to the patio providing a delightful breeze. We enjoyed the seafood chowder, which included clams, salmon, and cod. The baked good s looked homemade and there was a great selection of coffee and espresso.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I had heard so many great things about the seahorse cafe and they did not live up to the hype today.

I got a burger and salad. The patty was homemade but it was small and no flavour at all. It was so bland! The salad was very good and the homemade raspberry dressing was to die for. My wife had a BLT and there was no B to be seen. She did say the marble rye bread was good but the portion of bacon was only 2 pieces.

This is not a cheap place to eat so one would expect a better portions. I don't think I will go back. Sad as the location is top notch.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had a lovely lunch at Seahorses today. The weather was gorgeous, a lovely cool breeze off the bay and delicious food...wonderful! I ordered the salmon burger which was excellent and my table mates had the burger and fish and chips. The fish and chips were lightly battered and all of our meals came with fries but they were in a perfectly modest portion so we weren't tempted to either stuff ourselves or waste food. The service was kind and attentive.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

The deck has a view of the Mill Bay/Brentwood Bay, and the menu is small but varied for a small cafe. The Chicken Quesadilla was excellent, seafood chowder tasty, and the cafe always has some nice pastries available for just a coffee stop mid day. Also a great place to sit on a sunny day for a beer and appetizers.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Today, we tried the Seahorses Cafe at the Brentwood Bay ferry. My choice was the BLT with fries. In the menu it said that it was served on a banquette, but in came in sliced bread whose only appeal was the swirl of colour in the white bread. For a BLT there were, surprisingly, no slices of tomato but only what appeared to be a bruschetta tomato paste. My fries were not cooked through and thoroughly without flavour. The young waitress was pleasant and tried hard but her efforts could not make up for such disappointing food.

2  Thank Leona B