“A hidden gem”
Review of Seahorses Cafe

Seahorses Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a local Family owned lunch restaurant located on the water in Beautiful Brentwood Bay. We offer a diverse lunch menu with gluten friendly options, and a breakfast bun to satisfy you egg lovers out there. We cater to private events/functions, and are fully licensed making our picturesqu venue a perfect spot for your special event.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This little casual restaurant is tucked away next to the Ferry in Brentwood. It sits at water level adjacent to the small marina. They make a killer fish and chips, as well as great salads. The view from outdoors is spectacular. It is close to Butchart Gardens and represents an excellent alternative to the Sea Grille restaurant in the hotel up the road.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This cafe is actually called Seahorses and has its own review page separate from this one. I had to post here as well just so people don't take Daniela's review on its own.

We came here one afternoon after getting a spa treatment at the Brentwood Bay Resort and Spa. As soon as we walked up to the wharf we were amazed at the beauty and quaintness of the place. The decorations and little touches like an old free-standing fireplace provide great ambiance.

We ordered the BLT sandwhich and the breakfast plate. The BLT was to die for. I think I closed my eyes as I ate it. The service was fine. There was a live guitarist playing for tips who was really good.

I will definitely return here, even for an afternoon cofffee/tea. Great place to gaze out at the ocean and watch the fishermen work.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The seafood chowder was thick and fresh and perfectly seasoned, really delicious... it was just warm enough though, soup should be served hot so at least the first spoonfuls have to be cooled down to eat. My friend had the hash which he said was very tasty. It looked good, with poached eggs over nicely roasted potatoes, onions, and peppers, all topped with Bearnaise sauce. The service was prompt and friendly, and being on the wharf on a warm summer day was rather nice. Recommended.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Food was fabulous and the view was equally as good. We were a large group and everybody was completely satisfied with their food and the service.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The food was good. I had a ribeye steak with mushrooms and potatoes. It was a little over cooked and under seasoned. I think that if I pay $34 for a steak, it should be cooked perfectly. Everything else was really good! My husband liked his burger and the deserts were amazing. The apple pie was delicious. The hedgehog desert was the best desert I have had in a long time. It was sooooooo good! Waitress was very nice also. Beautiful view of the marina.