“food is fresh and great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seahorses Cafe

Seahorses Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a local Family owned lunch restaurant located on the water in Beautiful Brentwood Bay. We offer a diverse lunch menu with gluten friendly options, and a breakfast bun to satisfy you egg lovers out there. We cater to private events/functions, and are fully licensed making our picturesqu venue a perfect spot for your special event.
Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food is fresh and great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I heard about the Seahorse Cafe that was a close place to get a bite to eat next to our hotel. Its a 2 min walk from the Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa. We walked down and saw a super cute small Cafe right on the docks. We walked inside and the place was very small but very well kept and it looked updated and cozy. They had a dessert window right as you enter and it looked scrumptious.
We sat down next to a wood fire stove that was beautiful. We had a view of the bay with the boats in the water. Our waitress was so friendly and she took care of us beyond our expectations. She got to know that I love strong coffee and she made me a cup that was not your regularcup of Joe. So sweet and very delicious!
I ordered the eggs benadicte and my husband ordered the BLT. Both were amazing. I hate, I repeat HATE eggs benadicte in general, but this changed my outlook on the dish. It was unbelieveable. The chef made a sauce that was the smoothest thing I ever tasted! And talk about presentation! Super gorgeous and clean. I had a bite of the blt and the bacon was thick cut and crisp. We then got dessert. The hedgehog that was a super rich hot chocolate cake ball rolled in ground hazelnuts served with vanilla icecream, and the carrot cake was so rich and moist. Both equally delicious!
Had a wonderful time and will definetly be going back. They're open Thursday through Monday's from what I know, but wish it was 7 days a week! Super great and reccomend highly!
P.S. when our waitress found out we were on our honeymoon, she put on romantic music just for the two of us. Talk about service!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Emily M

Brentwood Bay, Canada
“Tasty lunch on a beautiful day & a fabulous view of the marina!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Fresh steelhead was on the menu today as the fresh catch, and it went well as fish & chips, burger and with the Spinach salad. Very tasty fries too! Thanks, Sandi!

Brentwood Bay, British Columbia, Canada
“Awesome place to be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Seahorse Cafe is without out a doubt my favourite place to eat in Brentwood. I had such a great time sitting in the restaurant looking at the view of the Saanich Inlet. Today I ate the Oven Baked Flat Bread. The meal was perfect for the atmosphere of the restaurant, it looked stunning and tasted decadent; adding toasted capers, cucumber, arugula and dill made the classic smoked salmon and cream cheese delight into a masterpiece. The service was friendly, welcoming and completely genuine. I cannot wait to come back for another meal.

• Visited March 2013
Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

A new menu and, I believe, a new Chef. I had the seafood chowder, which was excellent. My sister had the flat bread with dill sour cream, their own smoked salmon (beautifully done) topped with arugula that had been tossed in a light dressing. The other two had a cream-based fish dish which one thought a bit bland. As the other preferred that flavour, the server suggested they serve the dish with a side of a chili sauce/sambal oelek for those who prefer a bit of heat. The coffee was great. The menu looked good - I'll go back again for lunch before catching the ferry and try some more of the menu. We were too full for dessert, but the coffee was very good..

• Visited March 2013
ymir bc canada
“Try out this gem of a cafe , delicious !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is if they keep the love and care that is going into the food , they will have lineups at their door ! Not only the food was perfect , so was the service and how can you not enjoy sitting by the ocean on the deck or inside ! Look forward in coming back !