“Save Your $: Poor Value, Poor Service”
Review of Seahorses Cafe

Seahorses Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a local Family owned lunch restaurant located on the water in Beautiful Brentwood Bay. We offer a diverse lunch menu with gluten friendly options, and a breakfast bun to satisfy you egg lovers out there. We cater to private events/functions, and are fully licensed making our picturesqu venue a perfect spot for your special event.
Tofino, Canada
“Save Your $: Poor Value, Poor Service”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came here for lunch with his parents on June 30, 2012. We sat down and ordered coffees. It took 35 mind to get them. And they were cold. Not even a little bit warm. We told the server who was apologetic, and waited longer for a cup of hot coffee. And waited. We reminded the young female server that we were still waiting for coffee. She finally took our order and told us another pot was brewing. The coffees didn't come until our meal had been served, which also took ages. The cafe was busy, but not full. The meals are another story. My husband ordered a sandwich and payed a few dollars extra to have the side of chowder. The portions are a joke. It was the smallest little wee cup of chowder, which went well with the tiny regular sliced bread sandwich. I had a veggie sandwich which did taste ok, but I left hungry. We all did. Smallest portions I have seen around Victoria! Not worth the money, seriously. I lived in Victoria for nine years and my inlaws live near Brentwood Bay. We will not be going back. The best feature of this cafe is the location and the view.

1 Thank VegetarianVagabond

Victoria, Canada
“Not good value, skimpy.”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Too bad this place isn't better because it has a good location and good pleasant service. A few years ago, a friend recommended Seahorse Cafe and we enjoyed it, but sometime over the past five years, it has gone downhill. Recently my husband recommended we stop for lunch after visiting Butchart Gardens. I was hesitant because I had remembered our last visit was not great, but we gave it another try. I had the grilled pannini with chicken, pesto, cheese and green apple and side salad. All I could taste was bread so I opened the sandwich and found skimpy pieces of chicken, apple and cheese. It is overpriced for what was served. My husband had the calamari which he said was tasty, but again overpriced for the small serving. We do not usual comment on serving size as we eat modestly, but in this case, we both left unsatisfied. We will NOT be back. Two unsatisfactory meals in a row is all the chance we can give Seahorse Cafe with so many other cafes in the area.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank coast_to_coast_250
Victoria bc
“Mother's Day Brunch very disappointing”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

They offered a mother's day brunch at $19.95 and offered 5 items. 3 of which appeared to be pre-purchased, frozen items, hashbrown patties, scones, and waffles. Even the simplest scrambled eggs were not kept replenished and 3 times I experienced or heard customers having to wait and/or ask for them. Coffee and tea were seldom if ever topped up. Very disappointing, not worth even $10.00. We will not be rushing back any time soon.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank tooeasyVictoriabc
Canmore
“Incredible setting”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Food was great, setting was unforgettable. Caught the sunset by chance, which didn't hurt. Our server was very friendly.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank sjplus3
Lindsay, Canada
“Good Food”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stopped here for lunch before taking the ferry on a cold, damp, thoroughly miserable winter noon. I got the chowder and it was wonderful. Everyone else said their food was great as well. The place was not busy due to the weather and the fact that it was a Sunday. The waitress was a completely charming young woman who made up for the dullness of the overcast.

• Visited February 2012