Becker's Lodge Bowron Lake Adventures Resort
$65
Sandman Hotel Quesnel(Quesnel)
$101
$65
70 Mile Motel(70 Mile House)
$67
$69
Hubs Motel(Wells)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscanoe tripflat tirerentalgearcabincircuitcanoeinggroupelectricityprofitoperatortruckcell
Reviewed August 20, 2013

A wonderful and quiet place with a great view. Lothar helped us a lot in preparing for the Bowron trip and gave useful tips for exploring Canada afterwards. If you have the guts to interact with Lothar he is a real treasure. We got along great and had a fabulous time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Wolfamadee
Reviewed August 19, 2013

hello all. I just got back yesterday from doing the bowron canoe ciruit. let me tell you, one of the most beautiful trips I have ever been on. the water and the scenery was breath taking.

unfortunetly, a lot of this is greyed by the owner of the lodge. This individual named 'Lothar' could not have treated us more poorley. Upon our first encounter we told him we were from Vancouver. he then told us he referred to Vancouver as "fake-couver" or "hong-couver", which he then explained was due to the fact that all people from this city are either fake, or of Asian decent.

he gave zero instruction on how to canoe, how to treat a canoe, how to clean a canoe, and upon our return, yelled at me and told me how disrespectful I was for not leaving the vessel up to his standards, even though I thought I did a very good job of cleaning and caring for it. I offered to clean it again, and he told me to "get the hell out of here" and peeled away in his truck.

In conclusion, I urge you to paddle this canoe circuit, it is a trip of a life time, but never ever again would I spend one penny at beckers lodge, or send anyone body else there

hope this was helpful!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank outdoors2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed one night before the circuit. I asked that the generator electricity be left on so I could leave with my cpap battery full charge. Mr. Becker said no, the first night of my battery would be now. There was no toilet paper or soap in the ladies toilet. You must pay extra to take a shower and if you want one at 6 am it is lukewarm at best because the electricity has been off night and then it runs only a trickle. You pay extra for him to park your car for a week, extra to have him store your wallet for a week. I would rather pay $90 and get toilet paper! It is expensive for a cabin with few amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelertoo62
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at the Becker's lodge in Frank Kibbee Cabin while we visited Barkerville. The owner was very nice and even found us a BBQ so we could use. There was also a common firepit where we roasted some marshmallow and met a nice family staying at the lodge. This is not a high service hotel with lots of staff but if you come prepared you will have an excellent time. The lake is beautiful and the lodge is very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I just spent three nights at Becker's, and had a fabulous time (despite a bit of rainy weather). We weren't doing the circuit, but just using the lodge as a jumping off point to do some hiking and fishing in the area. The lodge is extremely well kept, the lake is gorgeous, and the prices quite reasonable. Lothar is very helpful, and was nothing but kind and courteous throughout our stay. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple