“The ribs are terrific”

Bear's Paw Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Wells
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rated the Best Restaurant in All of Central BC. People's Choice award for Best Cafe in Northern BC. Friendly, informal, really great food made from scratch. Great Food, and Vegetarian and dietary restrictions welcome!
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Our grandson finished his whole plate of food..ribs,baked potatoes, beets and carrots..it was so tasty I ordered a plate to go for myself! The Bear Claw salad is very good and their desserts are awesome.

There are newer reviews for Bear's Paw Cafe

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Highly recommended, a don't-miss place for dinner, lunch, and morning coffee. If you stop at one place in Wells B.C. stop here. All meals are excellent: the Tai, the steak, the ribs, the salmon, the salads... oh the salads! A great selection of beer with friendly hosts Dave and Cheryl and excellent chefs in the kitchen. A must place to eat before and after any activities in the Cariboo mountains, especially the Bowron Lakes canoe route. You'll be thinking, and possibly dreaming, about their food for weeks afterward!

Reviewed June 9, 2011

The hosts were inviting and welcoming, making me feel at home from the minute I came through the door. They were well informed with a wealth of knowledge both local and abroad. There was no "entertainment" per say, but the interactive nature of the discussions and the involvement of all of the patrons made for lots of laughs and a feeling like no other restaurant. If you are in the area this is a MUST!!!! The food was delicious and well presented. I returned to my motel room and after describing my experience at the bears paw to my friends we all went back!! I have never written a review for a business of any kind and it is my pleasure to share this experience with everyone. I only hope your experience leaves you feeling as elated as I was, even as I write this.

Cheers

1  Thank chawze
Reviewed September 27, 2010

we had dinner there twice before and after Lake bowron when staying at Hubbs. Nice cosy place, good food... ideal to relax and eat some real food after a few days paddling/camping!

Reviewed September 21, 2010

We ate at the Bear's Paw during a weekend stay at Barkerville. Good food, a great ambience, very friendly staff. Not cheap but then it's quite a way from a major town. Inventive menu and very well cooked. Top prize to the puddings.