“OK Breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Victoria, Canada
“OK Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Breakfast was not too bad. Out of three meals prepared "to-go" one had toast that was properly toasted the other two were still bread. Bacon, eggs hashed browns were acceptable.

Visited July 2013

“Dog Moron”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went to have breakfast and couldn't even look at the menu because of the guy opening the place who was intent on maintaining the dog free sanctity. When I asked about sitting on the patio with the dog outside of the patio, next to the no dog's on patio sign, I was told this too was a no dog area, even the no dogs in the market sign was 10 yards away and I was arguing semantics. So we left because I never argue semantics with idiots. Jan you lost a $40 sale.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Ontariovi
Vancouver, Canada
“Rude service and food okay nothing great”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

"Jan" herself took the order and brought out something different. I was polite and advised her that I had initially asked her for something different she got really defensive and actually borderline rude when she had to have it redone. She did not offer anything while my friend ate and I was sitting there. Not even a free coffee or beverage! The tables were dirty and barely anyone in the restaurant! Water just left sitting out with dirty coffee cups to use no water glasses. Expensive for what you get really small portions.
Go elsewhere! You'll be glad you did!!!

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Carlyparadise
Chilliwack, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“new staff needs training”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

we have been going to jans for a few years now and this year was not great. the young girls there need more training or put their training into use. the tables were dirty, they seemed very unorganized. the customer service needs work. I love jan. she is a doll and I will go back. hopefully it improves..... there is a new cook and the food is still good......

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Nanaimo, Canada
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

The breakfast I had was good. I believe it was called Jan's Breakfast. All well cooked. Completely fine.

I didn't manage to find Eggs Benny on the menu (might have been right in front of my nose but ...) when I saw a fellow diner eating that, that was what I wanted. Looked fantastic. Brewed coffee was good. Service was ok, but not super friendly.

This is beyond the control of the restaurant but does speak to the size and the room and it's acoustics. A table of 8 fellow diners were so loud and disruptive that I had to eat and leave as quickly as possible. I had been looking forward to a leisurely breakfast, read the paper, have too many coffees but just couldn't do it. Yes they had interesting lives but honestly I didn't want to be part of it. As the restaurant is fairly tiny, if you're looking for a quiet spot, I'd recommend poking your head in the door first and have a quick listen. Otherwise I'm sure it's a great spot to relax in!

Didn't know about the free Wifi. Would have used that.

Next time, Eggs Benny!