“Rude service and food okay nothing great”
Review of Jan's Cafe

Jan's Cafe
Vancouver, Canada
“Rude service and food okay nothing great”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

"Jan" herself took the order and brought out something different. I was polite and advised her that I had initially asked her for something different she got really defensive and actually borderline rude when she had to have it redone. She did not offer anything while my friend ate and I was sitting there. Not even a free coffee or beverage! The tables were dirty and barely anyone in the restaurant! Water just left sitting out with dirty coffee cups to use no water glasses. Expensive for what you get really small portions.
Go elsewhere! You'll be glad you did!!!

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank Carlyparadise

Chilliwack, Canada
“new staff needs training”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

we have been going to jans for a few years now and this year was not great. the young girls there need more training or put their training into use. the tables were dirty, they seemed very unorganized. the customer service needs work. I love jan. she is a doll and I will go back. hopefully it improves..... there is a new cook and the food is still good......

1 Thank bootzki1972
Nanaimo, Canada
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The breakfast I had was good. I believe it was called Jan's Breakfast. All well cooked. Completely fine.

I didn't manage to find Eggs Benny on the menu (might have been right in front of my nose but ...) when I saw a fellow diner eating that, that was what I wanted. Looked fantastic. Brewed coffee was good. Service was ok, but not super friendly.

This is beyond the control of the restaurant but does speak to the size and the room and it's acoustics. A table of 8 fellow diners were so loud and disruptive that I had to eat and leave as quickly as possible. I had been looking forward to a leisurely breakfast, read the paper, have too many coffees but just couldn't do it. Yes they had interesting lives but honestly I didn't want to be part of it. As the restaurant is fairly tiny, if you're looking for a quiet spot, I'd recommend poking your head in the door first and have a quick listen. Otherwise I'm sure it's a great spot to relax in!

Didn't know about the free Wifi. Would have used that.

Next time, Eggs Benny!

• Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Wanted to like it but....”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We visited this cafe for lunch just after Labour day weekend and had coffees and the Garden Sandwich with homefries. We chose Jan's because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor and were very disappointed.
I don't like writing negative reviews and do so reluctantly, but the sandwich we had was not good.
The sandwich had very little filling, and the vegetables weren't fresh. The homefries were cold and bland.
We won't go back.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank fernando r
Vancouver
“Deliciulous lunch”
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Tasty ham & cheese pannini & wild salmon naan wrap. All flavourful, fresh & nicely presented. Home made baked goods. Pleasant meal.