“A must Visit!!!! Make sure to make a reservation for dinner!!!! You won't regret it!!!”
Review of Sea Breeze Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hornby Island
Sea Breeze Lodge
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We just got back from a long weekend on Hornby Island!!!! The Sea Breeze had it's first meal of the season on Good Friday.... Wow, is all I can say!!!! The chef had just gotten back from a 2 month stay in Thailand!!!! The meal of course a Thai buffett..... How can one go wrong.... The view is stunning from the resturant, the food exceptional, the grounds well taken care of and seren ..... Don't miss out going here even if it is just for dinner!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 14, 2011

I got married here in June.

My out of province guests were blown away by the location and the food.
The ceremony spot is breathtaking and the views from the cabins very lovely.
The hot tub area is awesome.
Children enjoyed riding their bicycles around the resort and feeding the horses.
The Hornby vibe is relaxed, which helps counteract the stress of wedding details.
The owners and staff fulfilled all of our agreements and wishes with no surprise costs or missed details.
The food was fresh, interesting, and delicious.
Because our weather cooperated we had the most amazing outdoor reception, beyond all my wildest dreams. We had our dancefloor on the large, beautiful wood porch. They have couches and nice chairs and benches outdoors around the property and we watched the sun go down. Beautiful views.
They let us keep the music going fairly late.

This is a very small rustic island without restaurants open all the time in June/Sept. This means if your guests arrive on a Thurs night they may have nowhere to eat and not even a grocery store open after 5:30. Make sure they are aware and do what you need to do to make sure people are fed.
Prices are quite high in my opinion. $5 per person for dessert whether we had squares, a beautiful wedding cake or a sheet cake, they did not want to budge. When we asked about dairy free options they said 'we can do it but I don't know how it will taste.' (For that price they better guarantee taste!!) We opted to bring our own cake but paid a handsome price for this option.
The cabins are somewhat pricey and even in a 2 bedroom you must pay extra for more than 2 people in the cabin.
The initial reading material I got before I booked my wedding with them gave the impression that they could tailor a meal to your price point. The reality is they do not really go below the sample menu options which are quite pricey (although very great food). When I say pricey I mean double what my sister in law paid per plate for a caterer in Victoria, BC.
We stayed in a cabin the previous winter and advised them that the oven did not ever fully heat up, even when we waited for over an hour. They seemed surprised and said they would fix it. It was still not fixed in June over 6 months later. An oven is quite important when you are staying on an island with limited restaurants and trying to feed children...
The small island 'no worry' feeling can be scary when you are trying to plan a wedding... if you are really picky and want every detail planned out, a full contract written up, etc, this is probably not the place for you. However, if you can live with a little 'grey area' you will be happy with the results.
If you want a reception where all guests are in the same room and can watch speeches, etc I would not advise more than 70 guests TOPS! The restaurant can hold 100 but that includes outside and out of view tables. More than 100 would feel very crowded.
The corkage fees quoted prior to paying my deposit increased by 50% by the time my wedding rolled around.

A quick look at my lists would show that my cons outweigh my pros, but let me assure you, I would not have changed a thing with the weekend. To me, the location, feeling and uniqueness was far more important than my small price complaints. And to be clear, no prices were a surprise when my bill arrived - all was discussed months in advance.

We will be back to Hornby annually (but may only be able to afford to camp. ; )

And we will be eternally grateful for the chance to be married in this amazing location, and for the wonderful food and service provided by the staff at Sea Breeze.

Room Tip: Cabin 16 is very romantic and secluded, my favorite. (Must be OK with small and a walk to everywher...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Canadian-Girly
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We found the Sea Breeze through tripadvisor and were guided by the reviews. My sister and I wanted a get away that was both scenic and nice while not being overly expensive. We opted for the annex of one of the cabins to save some money and we got the meal plan which included only dinners, not the usual three meal plan. We were so impressed by the food, that we haven't stopped thinking about it. We had the Italian buffet and the prime rib/ red snapper buffet. The owners were very much involved in the welcoming to the lodge and the serving of the buffet. We were impressed at the graciousness of the members of their family and the vibe of the inn from the gorgeous artwork on the walls, to the warm, sunny reflective ambiance of their dining room deck where we had our dinner. We also found out that the owners of the Sea Breeze also own Carbrea Winery, which they can't use at the restaraunt. Too bad because the combination would be diabolical. We would highly recommend the Sea Breeze as a family friendly relaxing retreat and would go back in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2011

The location is amazing, the food is amazing, the staff are great but the cabins are dated and in desperate need of updating. The mattresses have long seen their day and it could use a better cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Marnie_Rob
Reviewed June 22, 2011

i have had the pleasure of photographing many weddings at Seabreeze Lodge. The owners are great to work with - professional, easy going & accommodating. I've heard so many rave reviews from clients & their guests over the years that i thought it was time to put it in writing. There is an ease & grace to all of the events & every wedding i've photographed has felt unique. This says a lot about the owners' willingness to work with each client to create a day that truly reflects their occasion.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jennifer2armstong
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We have just returned from a weekend wedding based at the Sea Breeze and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as everyone else did.

We did not stay in any of the cabins however had a look at several and everyone was effusive of the rooms and location. The cabins looks great to me and I would gladly return to spend a week at the Sea Breeze!

What we did experience was excellent service and friendly staff. During the entire time we were at the Sea Breeze the owners and staff kept all the wedding guests happy, the restaurant and grounds clean and tidy and provided it all with a smile and joviality.

The meal we had was outstanding. The vegetables were perfectly done. The chicken dish was absolutely delicious. The Yorkshire pudding, perfect. EVERYONE commented on the quality of the food.

All in all we had a thoroughly good time. The cabins looks great. The food was excellent. The service was perfect. Seems like a great combination to me and we will gladly consider coming to the Sea Breeze for a summer getaway!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank BuccaneerDave
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Sea Breeze Lodge Hornby Island June 4, 2011

My family, freinds and my now wife I stayed at Sea Breeze Lodge on Hornby Island for our wedding. I am posting this review on a couple of sites as I feel it is the least we can do in gratitude to the owners and staff of Sea Breeze.

Everything was organized and relaxed. Sea Breeze Lodge is very well managed and enjoys a culture of excellence. Staff morale was high and everything was easy.

The service was excellent. The cabins were spotless. Everyone went out of their way to make sure our wedding was exceptional.

Steve Bishop was handy with a golf cart to help some of the elderly guests to the wedding site on their beach front. This cart also came in handy for loading the cabins and some late night cruising of the grounds. The staff helped us arrange flowers and a Justice of the Peace to wed us.

There is a great hot tub overlooking the beach and a sauna with a soundsystem.

The catering was fantastic. We had a Bar B Q on Friday, appetizers after the wedding ceremony (fresh oysters) salmon and chicken for our reception and a tasty brunch on Sunday. Quality of the food was excellent and reasonably priced.

The crew at Sea Breeze worked within our somewhat limited budget and made sure everyone had a great time.

Be sure to check out Steve's winery 'Carbrea' on the island. There is an tasting area and a beautiful garden or you can stroll around the grounds. We also visited a distillery and meadery. Make sure to check out Helliwell park and Tribune Bay.

Thanks again to everyone at Sea Breeze. Our wedding was better than we could have hoped for.

Kenneth & Angela Burnaby, BC

Room Tip: Steal the golf cart.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sea Breeze Lodge? Share your experiences!