“Fantastic suite excellent hosts”
other travelers have booked this property
Living room and Kitchenette
Bedroom
Modern Bathroom - glassed in shower
Bathroom vanity
Main House
hundreds of hummingbirds nest on the property each Spring
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
anna1760
Errington, Canada
“Fantastic suite excellent hosts”
Reviewed April 18, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I stayed in the suite with my 4 year old grandson for two night and was very impressed by how well equipped it was. We could easily stayed here a week with no issues. I was surprised at how big the suite was it seemed smaller in the pictures. My only issue was with the can opener, it didn't work very well but I know That if I had asked Diana for another one she would have gladly gotten a different one. I just didn't bother to ask. The hosts were great very helpful with suggestions for getting food and different activities. The home was very quiet we didn't hear anyone else while we were there. I am a former maid and have to say that this was probably the cleanest place I have ever stayed at! Not a single hair or dustball anywhere. My grandson was very happy that there was a TV with cartoon channels in the suite because I had told him there wasn't one. I highly recommend staying here while on Hornby it far exceeded my expectations for a small suite over a garage. One perk was that there was no one underneath us so I don't have to constantly tell my grandson to be quiet.

Management Response
Apr 19, 2017
Thank you Anna, I appreciate the great review, we enjoyed having you both here during your visit to Hornby Island and hope to see you again.
Diana
Kathy C
“Stay Here!!!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We spent four nights here in August 2016. The owners were lovely people who made sure we had everything we needed and then some!! Like home made jam, fresh tomatoes out of Diana's garden and little things we had forgotten from home.
The suite is gorgeous, brand new, and CLEAN. There is an area to have your own BBQ. All this next to mountain trails and totally secluded forest.
And of course, Diana and David are a plethora of information for Hornby Island.

We loved this place!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Melba13
Fredericton
“Beautiful suite!”
Reviewed September 30, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Hosts were there to greet us when we arrived and Diana gave us a quick tour of the suite.
The suite is huge which is a good thing but they really should invest in better furniture. For this reason, it was not quite as comfortable as it could have been. The sofa was small, the chairs at the table were hard and tiny. The tv was small and kept coming off the channel to some stationary screen. The stairs were a little scarry, no railing on one side. Would not recommend for older people.
All in all, we would stay again, just recommending that the hosts make it more comfortable.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: lots of room
Liked least: comfort
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing