“Cancel that Reservation for Tea at the Empress and head Here.”
Review of TeaFarm

TeaFarm
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Tea Farm is my cup of tea. Being out in a nature setting and enjoying the finest teas and yummy treats, locally, lovingly made - so much more special than $50 tea and sandwich at a fancy hotel that could be in any city.

The host and hostess could have not been more welcoming and informative. As someone who loves tea, I had never seen a tea plant. I left feeling full, fulfilled and informed. A perfect combination in my book. Enjoyed every moment of my visit.

And the countryside on the trip there is beautiful too!

2  Thank Susan T

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I can't rave about this place enough (from their teas, which are ethically sourced and blended with their home-grown herbs and flowers, to the warm and wonderful atmosphere they create in their tasting room, to the pairings with delectable sweets infused with their own teas, to the unique and wonderful hand-made ceramics in which they serve their teas (made by co-owner Margit Nellemann)). This place is a class act and should be experienced by any tea-lover who visits the area and frequented by and tea-lover who lives locally.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I've been there twice and plan to go again. The first time was with a group of girl friends. Margit and Victor were so welcoming. We were welcomed with a small cup of tea beautifully presented before we were seated. Margit's pottery is so fun and funky and was used in the serving once we were seated. Along with their story about the how the Teafarm came to be, we were served wonderful sweets to go along with the sampling of teas.The Teafarm is in what was originally a barn and is very rustic but so charming. The Teafarm is situated in a rural area close to Chemainus and Duncan. Don't miss out...make sure you visit.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

A truly eclectic experience with the hosts giving a lovely warm and accommodating welcome. Beautiful array of the most attractive pottery blends with the ultimate tea tasting experience.
Bravo Victor and Margit. You know, I intend to be a regular and from Liverpool at that!!

A la procaine, indtil naeste gang

Reviewed September 18, 2013

TUCKED away down a sloping drive of stone chippings almost in the middle of nowhere lies a remarkable fledgling business.
TeaFarm already has the proud boast that it grows a variety of herbs, plants and flowers which are blended with fair trade and organic teas from selected tea estates.
Now it is taking that a stage further by announcing that it confidently expects that tea bushes planted on site in 2010 will produce their own Cowichan tea in the next few years.
I knew nothing of this as our car descended the drive, drawn in by the prospect of a classy cup of tea and completely unaware of just what we were walking into.
Turned out that tastings were also available so, if you wished, you could try out the loose tea you might be contemplating buying by drinking a cup or two of it first.
Well, it was a lovely sunny afternoon, several of the tables were already full of people sipping away so we parked ourselves in a motley collection of wooden seating.
Our tea when it arrived was very refreshing while the chocolate cake we had with it was delcious.
A pleasant hour or so followed on a rough cut lawn area next to reeds which fed out into a lake and all was well with world.
We weren't rushed and there was advice aplenty when we inquired about various teas before making our purchase and wandering slowly back to the car.
Even some time after we'd driven away there was a slightly surreal feel to the whole experience because you just don't expect to find a tea farm in the making out in the wilds of British Columbia.
However this attraction is not to be missed. Entry is free, the product is excellent, advice comes to match and back home in England I'm drinking a mug of tea made from the tin of loose leaves I bought there for barely £10. Now is that a tasty holiday memory or what?!

1  Thank singhasam