“Pool and whirl pool unavailable”

Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cowichan Bay
Cowichan Bay, Canada
“Pool and whirl pool unavailable”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I booked a two course golf package through Golf Vancouver Island that came with a two night stay at Cowichan Bay Oceanview Suites. Before leaving on my trip I checked out their website for amenities, after 18 holes of golf I was looking forward to a swim and hot tub. Upon check-in I asked where the pool was and was told it was not open due to annual maintenance. Nowhere on the site was notice of this. Understandably my friend and I were very disappointed. When you book time off work and spend your hard earned $$$'s you expect it's all going to be operational. At most the hotel is negligent in providing the information on their site, at least then I would have prior knowledge and possibly changed my accommodations.

Other than that the hotel met our needs. Would I return? Had it not been for an exceptionally personable and accommodating staff, Julie, (thank you Julie you rock!) I probably would have gone elsewhere.

I hope that the management listens and in future will provide such notices on the website.

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Singapore
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The accommodations are clean, sufficient and serviceable although unspectacular. However, the amazing staff at this hotel unfailingly go above and beyond. I've travelled extensively and love that this hotel offers such a personal experience. It's a few minutes out of town, but worth the drive. I stay regularly. A true example of the West Coast hospitality.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank rippedoff12345
scotland
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I arrived late at night and drove by twice before finding it. The receptionist was very helpful and although the restaurant was already closed directed me to where I might find food. The rooms themselves were great and well appointed and could have accommodates 4 people with ease, together with a lounge area and a well equipped kitchen area. Sleep quality was excellent, and in the morning when I pulled back the curtains I had the most wonderful surprise with an absolutely stunning view over the bay. Unfortunately I was only here for one night, I would have liked to have stayed a lot longer and will certainly return if I get back to vancouver island

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank seajay1111
Calgary
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We booked a three night stay here to attend a family wedding. We had a one bedroom suite which was more than enough room for two people. We had a beautiful view of the bay and enjoyed having the window open when it wasn't raining. Sadly there was no balcony. The kitchenette was fully stocked with dishes and we were able to find a small convenience store just down the road to purchase food and beverages. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and able to suggest places to see and recommend restaurants where we could eat when we were not at the hotel. The breakfast was great at the hotel as was the service. They were very tolerant of the noise we created as part of the wedding party and although we were a busy, noisy group, they seemed welcoming all the way through our stay. The food provided for the wedding was delicious and plentiful and was enjoyed by all.

Room Tip: A room on the bay side provides the best view of the harbour.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here 3 nights in August 2013 & did not want to leave.
We loved it so much we kept going back each night from wherever we had ventured to on Vancouver Island.
The hotel is beautiful, the view gorgeous, the staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. Just a beautiful place for us to relax, unwind, and rejuvenate our spirits. We did not eat at the restaurant, so cannot comment on that.
The Manager went above and beyond the call of duty in responding to my email inquiry regarding one of the mattresses that we loved.
The only reason I did not give this hotel an Excellent rating is because the parking spots were limited and the underground parking garage was extremely tight.
We had a very quiet stay, unlike some of the other guests I've read about who were there when sports teams were staying.
We would go back again in a heartbeat!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Have stayed here in past and will continue to do so in the future. One should not be deterred by the the first impression of the hotel. As with a good book the cover is not what counts. Once inside the lobby you will know this place is special. As I have only stayed on the 3rd floor I can't say every room has a great view, however I am sure that the rooms on the ground floor with the walk outs have something special as well. Although the restaurant was being renovated thus I can't review the food however before renovations the breakfasts were terrific.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Ok hotel. We had problems with our lights in our room and the front desk person was quick to come and adjust them. Asked for a wake up call but did not receive one. They likely did call but we realized after that the ringer on the phone was turned off. The restaurant was not open and would have appreciated being told in advance of our stay that we would have no place to eat breakfast. The manager did adjust our bill for the inconvenience which we appreciated. The room was clean and that was the most important part as with such a beautiful place to visit who wants to spend time in your hotel room. We did not have any problems with noise at all and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: A room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Harbour House Hotel
Harbour House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Ganges
Best Western Plus Chemainus Inn

Been to Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay? Share your experiences!