“A tricky one to rate !!!!!!”

Oceanside Resort Motel
Uk
“A tricky one to rate !!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Past eviews have been very mixed, and I can understand why.
It's a rather strange place, and you may love it or hate. Entering the site down a narrow lane, it's somewhat difficult to tell which cabins belong to it.

It's a crowded site with a play park, games room, Indoor pool, and a mix of cabin types very close together. Some renovation is underway. The. Bright and breezy lady on reception was very helpful and showed us to Cabin N which had a partial ocean view.

The cabin was very clean and comfortable with a mix of modern and vintage furniture, and rustic decor, which may or may not be to your liking. The shower had no curtain so we needed to cope with a very wet floor. The kitchen area was well equipped.
It seems to me that this is not just a "resort".....it appears to be semi residential. the vehicles parked outside the cabins were mostly pickup trucks, so maybe it's used a lot by contractors ??
There's a certain untidiness about the exterior, with a lot of boxes, DIY materials etc sitting around.
Previous reviewers mentioned that they saw people smoking pot etc.....we did not , but there were a few colourful characters around....though that does not constitute a problem or a complaint.

Depending on your attitude, you might describe this place as........colourful and quirky, ??
organically grown, ? delightfully rustic, ? a DIY nightmare, ??
a haphazard arrangement of accommodation ?..or....well .....chance it and let us all know .

Room Tip: Check out the options......there could be a lot of variation
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have been coming to Oceanside since 2007, after having a very bad experience at the Lang Bay Motel. I was traveling with my eighteen month old son. I felt very safe staying at Oceanside, as everyone was so friendly, even the residents that stay for months at a time. Unlike recent posts, I have never experienced any of the residents smoking pot or drinking, as this would not be acceptable in the presence of my now seven year old son. We have been coming back every year, sometimes twice, and have had a great experience every time. Oceanside is a private, clean, affordable, home away from home, the staff are respectful of your privacy but will go out of their way to help. My son and I love going to the private beach every day and they are very dog friendly, which is hard to find! My son and I are big fans of this place and will be coming back for years to come! P.S BeautifulBCGirl, Teenas3, and Loriardnt......go to a spa retreat!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mission, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We recently stayed at Oceanside Resort in one of the oceanfront cabins. Our cabin was clean, fully stocked and So roomy. My husband commented that our mattress was even more comfortable than home! I have a bad back and I had to agree. We loved sitting out having our coffee in the morning on our deck and watching the seals, and eagles. When we mentioned the eagles Joan the owner went and got a fish head and threw it out on the beach. Within minutes the eagle swooped down fast, grabbed it in its talons and off he went with a flock of angry ravens behind. The owners were friendly quite helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We went hiking, fishing and kayaking and know we will be returning. There are so many more things we want to do! Thank you Oceanside!

Room Tip: Loved the view from the oceanfront cabin. Glad we had binoculars with us.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The cabin was dirty smelly house keepers Didnt come to ur cabin to see if u needed anything very much only one time and I stayed there for a week really expensive for not having much in the cabin and lazy staff members sketchy people outside that live there drinking smokin weed and just a bunch of dirty people i wouldn't recommend this place to anyone worst place I've ever stayed at

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had this placed reserved for my hubby's bday weekend. Aug 9-11 we had 6 of us two we're kids. The "Oceanfront" cabin did not have a deck as we were told it would. Only 1 of the cabins has a walkout deck. Ours had a bunch of rusted out broken lawn furniture and coat hangers and garbage lying in front of it. The "fire pit" was a rusted out tire rim littered with cigarette butts and drug paraphanelia. The toilet seat was melted and brown. The cabin stank of urine and cigarette Butts because there were other guests staying at the interior rooms smoking by our door. Customer service at this place was excellent and they let us cancel with no charge. We wound up spending extra money to ferry back to the island and staying at a resort on qualicum beach at a last minute price of 250 a night. Thanks for ruining my vacation Oceanside resort.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Teenas3
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a fabulous stay for a week at the end of July. The cabins are rustic with modern amenities and the waterfront cabins all have a deck facing the ocean. We love our spending time on the deck, on the beach searching for shells, kayaking and the campfires each evening in our own firepit were amazing. Our son had a great time as well with the indoor pool and games room. He also met lots of other children to play with. We come every year and we look forward to our visit next year.

Room Tip: Think ahead--a year if possible to book a waterfront cabin. It's worth the extra money.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I recently stayed at this motel, because everything else in town was taken. I now why this was still available. It was rundown, dirty, and very old. example, bed was 4 feet long, sofa was old and dirty, covered with a tattered sheet, Tv was not working, because there was no plug in on the wall to plug it in. Flooring was lifting, and sticky. I had to unplug the fridge to plug in my flat iron. It smelled, looked and was dirty.
The people hanging around were drinking and smoking weed. Kids running around unsupervised. This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family