All reviews by chance sunshine coast texada island elaine campground trail condo ocean seal deck
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

After 8 rainy days thru hiking the Sunshine Coast trail, I stumbled into the Seebreeze wet and freezing. It was heaven!

This wonderful little beach front resort is run by Elaine and Ed. They are the most wonderful couple and extremely hiker friendly. They let me stash a resupply bag there as my hiking trip started, the good people from the Sunshine Coast Shuttle dropped it off. My original plan was to hike into town where the Seebreeze is, stay in the campground, resupply then head out in the morning. I didn't plan on historic amounts of rainfall.

The Seebreeze is the closest lodgings to the Sunshine Coast Trail from the Dixon Road trailhead...about 10 minutes from the Store/Pizzeria. So if you are a hiker traveling by foot its perfect for you. Elaine was able to put me up in Condo 2 without having a reservation. She even turned the heat up and made coffee for me seeing how wet and cold I was. I slept so well that night I asked if I could stay another while I let the flooding on the trail recede a bit before going back out. Elaine said it was no problem!

Over the course of my 2 night stay I was able to meet the horses and the very sweet dogs. The resort has a gorgeous private beach so I took a walk down there to do some birding. I got to do my laundry. And I checked out the campground...it has hookups and a covered common cooking/dining/mingling area. There is even a salmon stream running through the property.

The condo itself was pretty much the size of my apartment. It had a covered deck overlooking the water. There was a bedroom with a queen sized bed and a giant tub to soak in. It also had a full eat in kitchen and living room with cable, internet, TV...all the civilization you could want after more than a week on the trail.

There are bigger condos closer to the water too. If you are a group of hikers doing the trail, you could rent one of these and each have a bed to sleep in for a very reasonable price. Considering the full kitchens and laundry on site you have everything you need for a night off the trail.

And if you come with a car, there is a TON of stuff to do right in the area. Biking, sea kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing and other activities are a few miles away. Just make sure to take a dip at the resort beach and be back to catch a sunset over the water, Texada island lit up in the background.

I can't say enough about how welcoming Elaine was. If you are thru or section hiking and have a schedule, just call Elaine and tell her and she can make it work. She will hold your resupply too!

I love to support hiker friendly businesses and I urge my fellow hikers to do the same!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Elaine T, Owner at Seabreeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

We are really pleased we were here to look after you and you enjoyed your short time at Seabreeze, we hope you will look us up again when the weather is more obliging. We cannot say enough about the scenic surroundings, arts and music festivals of Powell River,, B.C.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Went there with tenting in mind. Then seeing these cabins so close to the ocean, I had to have it, with a kitchenette ,beautiful deck. The owners went out of there way to make sure I had everything I needed.
thank you so much!!

Room tip: they are all the best
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Your welcome and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have many customers that started their visits to Seabreeze in our campground , enjoying every minute of their stay, but as the years go by have returned to the comforts of our cottages. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

We ended up in Powell River by chance after changing our travel plans due to bushfire smoke further inland, and we really enjoyed our stay in the area and in Seabreezes. Couldn't take my eyes off the views from the (huge!) deck of our chalet, right by the beach and next to another sandy one, with views over to Texada Island. The water was also lovely and surprisingly warm for swimming, and we were accompanied in our swims by a seal and a couple of herons. The chalet was perfect for our family of five (with 3 teenagers) - one slept on a sofabed but this wasn't a problem. The furnishing style was perhaps a little 'retro', but the chalet was clean, quiet and comfortable.

Room tip: Recommend cottage 7 (2 bedrooms)
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and glad you enjoyed yourselves. We have a lot of return customers and hope you will be one of those families.

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

This place we stayed in (cabin) is very scenic, clean and quiet. The hostess, Elaine, could not be more welcoming or hospitable to me and my wife. Beautiful beach and delightful horses in a corral on site. We had a very enjoyable time and highly recommend the Seabreeze Resort.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Elaine T, Owner at Seabreeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

It was good to have you stay with us and glad all went well during your visit. Hope you will come back some day. Enjoy the summer.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

We stayed for a couple of nights in the campground section.

It's alright. The area is covered by nice tall trees. It's basically one big rectangular lot, though.

Our site was in the row closest to the road, and it's not set back particularly far (nor is there really any sort of sound barrier), so we could hear vehicles going by all through the night, including a high number very loud large trucks very late on the second night.

We chose this particular place primarily based on its sandy beach. We found it to be very mediocre, however. There are some much nicer stretches of beachfront on the Sunshine Coast, and the area immediately in front of the resort is actually quite rocky. The property is also long and narrow, meaning that the campground area is quite a distance from the water.

Wifi was a reasonable speed, but had limited coverage so it was really only available near the office.

Our interactions with staff were limited, but we had no problems.

On the positive side, the grounds and facilities for campers are clean and tidy, including the washrooms.

This is a decent enough place for a brief stay while travelling through the region, but I wouldn't explicitly try to book this place in the future.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

a bit late in responding, but better late than never. Sorry you did not find anything special about our place a lot of people do.
Traffic noise is limited to when the ferry comes in, most people during the day do not hear it, but sound does carry at night so if you have just gone to bed you will probably hear it, same with the Provincial Park. As for the beach, it seems you did not manage to get down to Lang Bay properly as we have two of the nicest sandy beaches. In front of Seabreeze there is what we call the delta where Whittall creek comes out, this is a salmon creek so there is lots of bird activity and easy access to the sandy area. Thanks for visiting anyway.