We started camping along Sunshine Coast 8 years ago. It was an overly great experience until last year at Pender Harbor Resort and Marina. In our plan, Powell River would be our last trip to Sunshine Coast. It seems that this trip to Powell River changes everyone's mind. We're definitely going back to Powell River and Willingdon Beach Campsite.
Here is what makes Willingdon Beach an outstanding campground:
- waterfront campground, beach is within one-minute walk;
- walk to stores on Marine Ave and Alberni Street;
- dock & water park are great for kids of all ages;
- short drive to very different beaches;
- plenty of trails nearby;
- satellite washrooms with flush toilet, clean and absolutely no line-ups;
- Best firewood, 2 boxes lasted for 2 nights and 2 mornings (good we listened to Ron and didn't buy too much firewood);
- RON and LEANNE are the most welcoming hosts.