“Great Room, Excellent Service”
Review of Town Centre Hotel

Town Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Powell River
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I booked the room while en route to the hotel via the ferry from Comox. Although poor cell phone reception made it difficult for her to hear me, the woman at the front desk was very patient and provided excellent service as did all the staff during our one-night stay. Even though it was a weekday during the off-season, they even arranged for the free shuttle service to pick us up on short notice. I opted for the deluxe room because I wanted the in-suite "jet tub". The room was spacious, comfy and clean with a fabulous kingsize bed. We appreciated the amenities like bathrobes and mini fridge, however, a microwave would've been nice. Overall it seemed well worth the extra $20 compared to a regular room. We enjoyed the included continential breakfast in the bright and airy dining room facing the courtyard. Upon check-out the staff even let us store some of our luggage at the front desk for a few hours as we weren't leaving town until later in the day.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Rooms dated but clean, good location near large box stores and supermarket. Tim Hortons next to the hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. Restaurant good average meals and reasonably priced.Would stay there again for overnight business trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have a door to the adjoining room as you can hear the people in the oth...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Our first day found us in a room that felt very stuffy and smelled a bit musty. They changed us to another room the next day, which was much better; however, the furnishings to the rooms still need to be updated. The rooms met our needs but were a bit small and cramped to what I am used to. The front desk service was alright but only to the point that it was service. Eat at the restaurant. Very good food and great weekly specials.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Well, reasonable hotel. Stayed there for one night. Clean and nice chamber. The hotel is in a good location for Powell River and conveniently located for the town.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Goetheer
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Room needs a really good scrubbing...specially the bathroom and the floors in the room. Beds are comfortable with clean sheets, but don't take your shoes off!
Hotel looks great from the outside, good parking, fantastic front desk lady, fantastic restaurant, service from both these ladies was incredible! The restaurant could use some background music, it was dead quiet in there.
We literally almost had the hotel to ourselves, 95% of the rooms were stripped down to nothing, so it really surprised me that our room was so dirty...with hardly any rooms to clean you would think they would do a fantastic job cleaning this one. Also with almost nobody in the hotel, I was surprised that they gave us a room that faced some sort of a large electrical box next to the closed hot tub. Not a nice view of the courtyard. The lounge/bar was also closed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Because of a choir festival, most hotels and b&bs I called were full or did not have a king size bed, so this was my choice in spite of the terrible reviews I read on this site. Luckily, my experience was much better then the previous travelers. I love the location of this hotel. It is in the only decent shopping plaza in town and close by to everything else like the beach, ferries, music halls, and restaurant, etc. The room I was given was clean and decent size. The bathroom was clean and in good condition. Water pressure was good, and the hot water was hot enough. The restaurant has reasonable food and the waitress was excellent. Front desk personnel and housekeeping staff were all very courteous and helpful. It is a decent hotel with quality similar to other good 3-star hotels.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PleasantSurprisedCA
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I made a resevation for four rooms around three weeks in advance. When I called to double check the reso, they said they only had me down for 2 rooms. So we made it four rooms, no problem.
Then I showed up and they were confused when I said I needed 4 rooms and not 6. They didn't charge me any extra, so that was good.
Our rooms were adequate. They appeared clean, comfortable beds, operating AC and TV remote. They were also good enough to lend us a small cooler.
The last night there, I went to fire up my laptop to takee advantage of the free wireless. Hada to plug it in, so I moved the bed-side table away from the wall for an outlet. What's behind the table? A dirty diaper. Now two things come to mind. Why wasn't it cleaned up? And who in the heck shoves a dirty diaper behind the bedside table when they go to a hotel?!!
All in all for the remoteness of the town, I was pleased with the stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
#4 of 7 in Powell River
Marine Inn
Marine Inn
#17 of 20 in Powell River

Been to Town Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!