“greasy under-cooked deep-fried oysters”

Savoury Bight Seaside Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #20 of 70 Restaurants in Powell River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Savoury Bight is your ultimate seaside dining experience. We are open for daily for lunch and dinner. Enjoy our inviting hospitality in the pub, or spend some time around our fabulous fire pit, quickly becoming known throughout the entire Sunshine Coast as the place for a memorable night. We offer nightly dinner features of fresh cut meats & seafood for your dining enjoyment So EAT, RELAX & ENJOY.
Vancouver, BC
“greasy under-cooked deep-fried oysters”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

A friend and I visited this restaurant two weeks ago. The view from its deck is awesome. The service is fairly good. The portions are huge but, sadly, the food is mediocre to poor. My friend had grilled oysters. They came to her under-cooked, slimy and soft, soaked in oil from deep-frying. It seems that the "chef" has never heard of draining the oil from the food. So she mentioned that she disliked the soft, runny oysters and the waitress took it back to be cooked some more. When the oysters came back to the table, they were only a tad more well done and a mess from being refried. Worse, the breaded crust was even oilier! One of my appetizers was the strangest I've ever had and not what I expected. The calamari was quite good but, again, too oily and greasy. What was weird is the deep fried thin onion rings on top of the calamari! The onion rings were awkward to eat because they were so thin and drooped. Usually, with calamari, there are just diced onions on the side. Overall, we couldn't finish our servings - especially the oily, greasy mess of oysters that were absolutely destroyed in their second frying (or whatever it was that was done to them).

1 Thank floodedsky

Powell River, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow totally awesome!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Staff was very accommodating for last minute birthday reservations.
Enjoyed the local live entertainment that night they even sang a happy birthday.
Ordered ahead to be able to make the Chilliwack concert. The staff was excellent and pleasant, the food met my expectations. Had fun by all. Thank you Savoury Bight....we will be back!,, Maybe your fire pit next time.

Galiano Island, Canada
“mediocre”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The room is nice with a lovely view of the sea and Texada Island. The service is ok, but not the type of service you'd expect from the menu prices. The appetizers and mains were all smotherered in some kind of overly rich cloying sauce - the kind that comes out of packages and is used to mask food that can't stand on its own. Vegetarians and even fish eaters will have a hard time here - even the prawns come wrapped in meat.

1 Thank ZLI
Pictou, Canada
“enjoyable evening”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Was reading the other reviews and wondered if we went to the same restaurant? We had an excellent experience, the food was fantastic! The service was great, our server was attentive without being in our face all the time and the food came out in a timely manner. The onion rings are the best I've ever had!!!! The food was fresh tasting and presented beautifully, and for what we paid we felt like we got a deal. I would totally recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank luckylainie
Vancouver, Canada
“Poor”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I went in for dinner after reading several negative reviews on this sight and a few positive. The restaurant advertises on the door that they have been reviewed here... Anyway, I sat down and ordered a drink (wine), an appy, and a main. After twenty minutes my drink had not yet arrived and I was presented with my appy complete with a hair on the plate. Enough said, I politely told the waitress not to worry about bringing the drink (which she had forgotten actually). Too bad since it's a great location and I always choose hotels with restuarants attached.

Visited April 2012