“enjoyable evening”

Ranked #19 of 70 Restaurants in Powell River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Savoury Bight is your ultimate seaside dining experience. We are open for daily for lunch and dinner. Enjoy our inviting hospitality in the pub, or spend some time around our fabulous fire pit, quickly becoming known throughout the entire Sunshine Coast as the place for a memorable night. We offer nightly dinner features of fresh cut meats & seafood for your dining enjoyment So EAT, RELAX & ENJOY.
Pictou, Canada
“enjoyable evening”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Was reading the other reviews and wondered if we went to the same restaurant? We had an excellent experience, the food was fantastic! The service was great, our server was attentive without being in our face all the time and the food came out in a timely manner. The onion rings are the best I've ever had!!!! The food was fresh tasting and presented beautifully, and for what we paid we felt like we got a deal. I would totally recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank luckylainie

Vancouver, Canada
“Poor”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I went in for dinner after reading several negative reviews on this sight and a few positive. The restaurant advertises on the door that they have been reviewed here... Anyway, I sat down and ordered a drink (wine), an appy, and a main. After twenty minutes my drink had not yet arrived and I was presented with my appy complete with a hair on the plate. Enough said, I politely told the waitress not to worry about bringing the drink (which she had forgotten actually). Too bad since it's a great location and I always choose hotels with restuarants attached.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Kay B
Powell River, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What's all the fuss about?”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I visited this restaurant on it's reopening weekend. Had a delicious dinner with my wife. I chose the duck confit with risotto. You don't often find this on a menu. I loved it. It was done with a cherry sauce I was told was made in house. Good job! My wife chose a steak for a change because they offer a smaller size that fits her appetite. It was spot on in it fondness. The staff was knowledgeable and very friendly. The reason I chose to write my first review is because I had previously checked the reviews in trip advisor and was reluctant to go for dinner. The wife made the choice and the ocean view is stunning. I was surprised when the manager came around and informed us tat they were turning off all the lights to honor earth day. We sat in silence with candlelight everywhere. Even the Canucks was turned off in the Pub. Can't wait for the summer to sit on the deck and watch the water traffic. Hope the duck stays on the menu.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Terry D
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Four of us went for dinner. The restaurant was empty, service was slow. the server forgot items, the food (pork tenderloin) was overlooked and dried out. Over all the meal was a disaster
This restaurant is considered upper scale for Powell river but only for its location and pricing

A feedback card was filled out. the manager replied via email
Asking for more details. we replied with full details and never heard back again.
Poor management, moral and food.
Too bad
Will not return

3 Thank Davescherger
Lund, Canada
“Delightful.”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Nice location with ocean views from the pub and the restaurant. Their new menu has less gluten free items now so we don't go as often. The food is quite good otherwise.