Stayed here for 3 nights late August. Hostess was out when we arrived, key and a note were there waiting for us. We checked ourselves in; each room is a bit different (I had gone online ahead of time and requested a specific room, which was all ready for us).
Waterton townsite is full of deer, and mom deer and her 2 fawn were the official Northland Lodge greeters!
Room was clean. Bed was very comfortable. It was very quiet (the area is quiet also). We could hear some people on the stairs, but after a day of hiking, most people conk out early (as we did the 3 nights we were there).
Breakfast in the morning is juice, coffee, tea and homemade muffins. If you ask, Jeanne will give you a copy of the recipe (i asked as they were quite good).
Jeanne is very amiable and is happy to give you suggestions (or to leave you alone if that's what you want). The nice thing about this place is that you an visit with other guests over breakfast, hearing about their hikes the day before, which may help plan your own. All in all, it was a pleasant 3 nights and we would stay here again if we were in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic lodge was built and designed in 1928 by Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway, the famous builder of The Prince of Wales Hotel along with many of the lodges built in Glacier National Park. Our hillside hideaway is located in the quiet part of Waterton nestled against the mountain and is a 5 minute walk to anywhere in town. Open your window and listen to the sound of the waterfalls all night or hang out on the large deck and watch the deer come off the mountain. And while it was undoubtedly the largest home in the park in 1928, it is small by today's standards. What we lack in size we make up for in hospitality. In the mornings we offer coffee, tea, juice and hot muffins with our famous Saskatoon Berry jam. A sit and sip to visit with other guests and learn about all the adventures available to you in Waterton Lakes National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Northland Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northland Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park
- Northland Lodge Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta