My daughter, son in law and I stayed here for one night. My room was very large and could have slept 5-6; my daughter and son in law had a slightly smaller room. Both were clean and comfortable. The beds had great mattresses. The bathroom in my room was tiny w/ a stall shower and a toilet. A large person would have a difficult time of it. There is a sink in the room itself as well as a refrigerator, table and chairs, and access to a wonderful balcony I loved not having a tv, radio, etc in the room as I'm an avid reader and could indulge myself. Breakfast is light but tasty: Jeanne makes great muffins. An unexpected perk was the connection w/my hometown of St Paul MN USA. The lodge was built by the son of James J Hill who built the Great Northern RR and the Prince of Wales Hotel, also in Waterton. Hill and his family lived in St Paul in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Without a doubt, I felt very at home at Northland Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic lodge was built and designed in 1928 by Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway, the famous builder of The Prince of Wales Hotel along with many of the lodges built in Glacier National Park. Our hillside hideaway is located in the quiet part of Waterton nestled against the mountain and is a 5 minute walk to anywhere in town. Open your window and listen to the sound of the waterfalls all night or hang out on the large deck and watch the deer come off the mountain. And while it was undoubtedly the largest home in the park in 1928, it is small by today's standards. What we lack in size we make up for in hospitality. In the mornings we offer coffee, tea, juice and hot muffins with our famous Saskatoon Berry jam. A sit and sip to visit with other guests and learn about all the adventures available to you in Waterton Lakes National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Northland Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northland Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park
- Northland Lodge Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta