“Excellent lead!”
Review of Alpine Stables

Alpine Stables
Reviewed September 3, 2013

You could tell everyone was very experienced, and knew what they were doing. The lady that owned the stables (I believe), was a little off-putting and not the friendliest. The girl that lead our group was very calm and friendly. She was helping me and others with how to control your horse throughout the ride, which was helpful and a key to having a successful, great ride. We had done the 2 hour ride, and it was just perfect for a first time rider. We walked the horses through a stream, did some steps, and through the forest. Very impressed, and great first riding experience through the mountains.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"trail"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I recently had a trail ride. Although we were first to book for this particular ride we were the last be accommodated as a large local group came. As a result I (being 6') was given a horse much too small for my size and was almost left behind. I was thrown on a horse and they didn't adjust the stirrups so I rode with bent knees the whole ride despite mentioning to guide my discomfort numerous times. When we returned the woman gave me heck for my situation saying they were far to short and I should have said something! WHAT?? Slow down and take care of your customers people

1  Thank b y
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Three of us had a fantastic two hour hack led by Natalie who was brilliant, pointing out things of interest on the way. Stunning views of Waterton and to top it all we saw two bears. Well worth the money.There were ten riders on our ride of mixed abilities and we were all allocated horses to suit us and they obviously knew the route and were easy to ride and control and we managed to get some great photographs of the magnificent Waterton National Park and we even spotted our husbands playing golf when we passed the course.If you are a horse rider you will never hack through more beautiful scenery.Our guide Natalie was excellent and kept up a running commentary about wildlife signs and we saw two black about 70 yards away but never felt that we were in any danger.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Loved this trail ride
It was beautiful and exciting we crossed a river and climbed the mountain. What an experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had previously enjoyed a long tour with this organization, so we decided to return. Our guide was one of the owners of the organization. Myself, my six year old and my two teens were set for an evening two hour tour and we were excited as previously (with Mike and Jill as guides) we had a wonderful experience.

Near the beginning of the tour at a fork in the trail the guide spotted two baby bears up ahead and announced to the group, let's go take a look. My six year old was directly behind and the guide who did not hear me when I was trying to get his attention (I was concerned. Working in rural areas I am quite experienced with bears and know full well that where there are young cubs, there's a momma, and she is not someone to tangle with.) He proceeded up the trail and the Momma bear rushed her cub, scaring it up a tree not more than 20 ft from the lead. She then lunged towards the lead who veered off trail to the right leaving my six year old alone in the lead position and right in the path of the bear. My six year old's horse saw the bear and spooked backing him into a low branched solid tree almost knocking him to the ground. I grabbed ahold of his reins to pull his horse out of the tree when the second guide from the rear came up and told me that my horse does not like to lead children (what organization puts three inexperienced minor riders on horses and then their mother on a horse that doesn't get along with the rest nor is okay leading??).

Further in the ride there were other minor issues, all of which were pretty minor.

Honestly, if you want a great experience here, make sure you ride with Mike and Jill or do yourselves a favor, pay the extra couple of bucks and go with a company that is more aware and considers the experience of the riders before venturing into dangerous territory.

7  Thank ypperin1