“Meh”
Review of The Taco Bar

The Taco Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Note: closed seasonally for Winter. Re-opening May 13th, 2016. Locally owned and operated, The Taco Bar is a healthy and fun spot to grab a bite in Waterton. We make everything but the tortillas in-house, everyday, using fresh ingredients, and do it all in a little kitchen not unlike the one in your home. This isn't tex-mex or fast food, but we're quick and delicious (lots of veggie options and gluten free too)
Calgary, Canada
“Meh”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff was awesome. The guy working was super sweet and talkative, and the food was served pretty quick.

However, $10 for two tiny tacos is an extreme rip off. Especially since the beef was dry and not served like any other taco I've ever had, the salsa was actually quite disgusting, cheese is an extra charge (seriously?), the tiny tortillas were falling apart due to being dry yet were soggy because the insane amount of sauce that it was soaked with (hard to eat and not so delicious).

I'd say skip the tacos. It's a nice place with good people, but my wallet and my mouth would have been happier elsewhere.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jaynabird04
Julie-TheTacoBar, Owner at The Taco Bar, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
A taco, to most people, is a hard shell tortilla, ground beef, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, etc. So introducing what authentic tacos really are can be challenging; especially when the expectation is the kind of taco most North Americans are used to, a Tex-Mex taco. I am sincerely sorry that you feel "ripped-off''. It's important to me that our guests to feel like their meal was worth their hard earned cash; I'm very disappointed that this wasn't the case.

I want to thank you very much for your review. Because of it, and other feedback we received, we've added, what we think is, a delicious citrus slaw to our tacos in order to give our guests more value and fuller tummies! I hope you'll be willing to give us another try.

Edmonton, Canada
“best food experience I had in Waterton”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stopped by for a quick bite to eat. Was able to order and use the change in my pocket to pay. How refreshing. Pulled pork was awesome. Maybe a bit too much salsa but it was so good! :) Ladies, keep up the good work. You obviously believe in what you are doing and it shows. Will definitely return. And to respond to the review posted before this one, Taco Bell and Taco Time are not real Mexican food because I'm guessing that's where you obtained your comparison from. You can have it and I'll take these guys (ladies) anyday!!! :)

• Visited June 2013
Julie-TheTacoBar, Owner at The Taco Bar, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you so very much for your review... and for sticking up for The Taco Bar ;) I'm so happy to have provided you with your "best food experience in Waterton"!! That's awesome, and I hope that it means you'll be back soon!
“Do not eat here!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was very disappointed with our meal here. The food was gross the service terrible and we left with empty pockets and were still starving!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Jessica A
I'm incredibly sorry for your experience at my taco shop. I realize that I won't please everyone's tastes 100% of the time; but customer service, value, and serving a quality product are all variables that, if flawed, need to be addressed. Which is why it's important for me to find out more about your experience... What did you order? What time of day did you visit us? What were your expectations (i.e. were you expecting traditional Tex-Mex style Mexican, like at Taco Time?, for example). I invite you to please email me at tacos@live.com with more details so I can determine where a gap in our operation occurred. I understand what a disappointment it is to spend your money on something you don't think was worth it, so I wish you would've brought this to our attention at the time... however, please let me know if you visit us again so I can give you a refund. Again, I apologize and hope that you will email me and perhaps even give us a chance to make this up to you. Thank you for your review
Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had a few beef tacos and they were awesome! The salsa was delicious (was told it was made in house), the pulled beef was way better than ground beef and the lime and cilantro was the perfect touch. Julie, the owner, was really nice and Roseanne was great too. I will be going back for sure... probably tomorrow!! - Thanks Taco Bar!

• Visited May 2013
Julie-TheTacoBar, Owner at The Taco Bar, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
No... thank you!
Calgary, Canada
“Loved it.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

ate a the taco shop a few times over their opening season, and was pleasantly surprised. The soft taco wasn't to spicy and had a nice flavour profile. I missed having cheese on it but hey...

the shop has a great feel, the owner served me and it was clear how much she cared about the experience. the hand painted chairs and the message wall make for great touches that showcase how much the owners care about the community.

cannot wait for them to be open longer this summer!

• Visited August 2012
Thank you for our first TripAdvisor review! You'll be happy to know that we have cheese this year!