Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa
Aspen Village(Waterton Lakes National Park)
$92
$90
Hotels.com
Waterton Glacier Suites(Waterton Lakes National Park)(Great Value!)
$135
Hotels.com
Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort(Waterton Lakes National Park)
$77
$75
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Northland Lodge(Waterton Lakes National Park)
$154
$149
Prince of Wales Hotel(Waterton Lakes National Park)
$170
$165
  • Restaurant
$71
$81
Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre(Pincher Creek)(Great Value!)
Stardust Motel(Pincher Creek)(Great Value!)
$69
All reviewschophouse restaurantcaravan tourlake viewwaterton lakegift shopsaw deeran older hotelbeautiful parkfine diningsmall townrestaurants and shopsnice roomprince of wales hotelbalconylakesideloungecalgary
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and i were in Calgary in early September and heard about Waterton. We decided to check it out for a couple of days to see Canada's natural beauty. Well Waterton is a really cool place, lots of out door things to do from hiking, to canoeing, seeing deer just passing by. We booked last min at the Bayshore Inn (and got lucky that someone had just cancelled), as it we thought the location would be nice .... it is right on the lake. It workout really well, because the restaurants were really updated, and very trendy, and very updated. Food was good, and you have your choice of cheap food, but the upscale restaurant was the best. Just make sure you make a reservation, as it gets pretty busy. The rooms were just renovated and are nice and cozy.

Over all it was a great experience ... funny thing I was online and CNBC ranks this place as one of its top 12 Hideaways.

Room Tip: If you are going in the summer book early, as i heard they are usually totally booked up in the summer.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pharmacy
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Although everything in Waterton is extremely overpriced because you are paying for the location this hotel is just outrageous. It's super old and you really get nothing for your money. If you want anything extra, it's a charge, $20 for a fridge, $20 for a microwave. And don't expect to get upgraded, because they don't do there, even if it's a special occasion!

Here are some problems I encountered:

I came to visit some friends who lived in Waterton so I was staying in the hotel room by myself, over the course of the night I receive several noise complaints while I was in the room ALONE! I was on the second floor and had just been walking around so I'm assuming since the hotel is so old you could hear everything down below. After a couple calls from the front desk, a security agent showed up and informed me he would be calling the RCMP if the noise didn't stop. I told him I was the only one there and he could come in and look around if he didn't believe me. The next day I went to check out, I noticed my bill was extremely high, after reviewing I saw they were charging me with a $120 noise complaint fee. I knew this money would not be going to appease whoever had complained and it was just a way for the greedy owners to scam money out of someone who didn't know any better. After A LOT of crying at the front desk, while everyone just stared at me like I was crazy, I realized there was no way this charge was being removed and I left.

Besides that, the pillows are super flat and completly uncomfortable. And I woke up in the middle of the night and the door was wide open, even though I had locked it! Pretty scary...

Even though this is the only hotel that overlooks the lake, do yourself a favor and stay at the Waterton Lake Lodge and make the walk!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank stephcaines
watertonalberta, General Manager at Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Unfortunately this review was written by a former happy employee of the hotel that worked the front desk therefore knows what the rooms look like and our policies. She checked in, in the middle of July to visit some of the staff that were her friends. She had a party in her room and we had several guest noise complaints. Security visited her room twice and we had to call the RCMP. We had to discount the rooms on both sides of her room and we charged part of the discount given to her which we write in the guest sign in form. We do not cater to party goers and she knows this. She did not complain at check out, she knew what she had done and paid.

We do not charge for fridges or microwaves in the rooms, that is now complimentary and we got new pillows in all guest rooms along with new bedding 6 months ago.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here 4 nights in late September. It is old and dated but a good price for Waterton. The Park is about 30 minutes away from Pincher Creek which has nicer and less expensive aaccomodation. The room we stayed in was on the first floor overlooking the parking lot was not overly clean. You needed to watch your stop with some entrances. No warning of a step down. Dim lighting. No extras in the room. Want a small fridge???? $20.00 extra per night; Want a room with a boat dock view??? $20.00 extra per night.....not worth it. Restaurant offered 10% discount, but still pricey, with ordinary food. Better value across the street. Did a motel survey and handed it in on leaving. The fellow at the desk read it when we were standing there and didn't comment or ask for clarification.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed for three nights in a room with 2 queen beds (not the romantic delux suite) and a large balcony overlooking the Prince of Wales Hotel and the water. Our room was fairly large. The bathroom was a little small but otherwise it was a comfortable. The hotel has its own restaurant with gorgeous views, and a lounge, which was handy, as a lot of the facilities in Waterton Lakes are closed by October 1st. No complaints on this one.

Room Tip: The least expensive rooms have balconys facing the parking lot and the hotel lobby. My tip is to go with the rooms with balcony views and it's not necessary to go the highest price to get this if you go off season.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aprilwineMississauga
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here two nights on our trip to the Canadian Rockies. The views were fantastic and during my walks into town to the waterfall I saw Mule Deer, a Norther Flicker and several Black Billed Magpie birds. Waterton has some interesting shops and the National Park has plenty of wildlife to see including, Elk, Buffalo, Deer and Coyote. The rooms in the hotel are clean and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple