“A Jewel”

Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was fortunate enough to be able to spend a few days in Waterton at the Bayshore Inn Resort and Spa. Wow what an amazing experience! This hotel was one that provided me with an array of wonderful and memorable experiences! The lake veiw rooms are beautiful. At any time of day I could look out at the lake from my room and the view was breathtaking. At night I loved listening to sound of the lake. There are numerous dining options and while all offer wonderful selection and quality, my favorite was the fine dining at the Lakehouse Chophouse which provides a romanic atmosphere. The lounge offers live music with a healthy selection of wine and other beverages. I spent some time at the spa where I received treatment that rivaled some of the best spas in Vancouver. The gift shop offered a wide selection of items including souveniers, beautiful ornamamets and wide selection of gift ideas sure to impress even those with the most refined taste. All the staff were courteous, friendly and most helpful. The hotel offers a holistic experience for the mind, body and soul. It has become one of my favorite spots and therefore a place that I will return to again and again. I will defineltely be telling people about this gem! Romance and tranquility abound at the Bayshore Inn Resort and Spa.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zahra s
There are newer reviews for Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Bayshore inn time and again and found it to be the most reasonably priced and children friendly hotel in the area. The last time i stayed there the bathroom had been renovated and as usual the room was very spacious. The staff were very friendly. The resaurant has an excellent menu to choose from and has a lounge where you can wind down after a good hike. Also the saloon(the only one in town) has good and current music all the time. It is a family owned place and more than once we have been greeted by the owner or her son. I usually choose a non-smoking lake view room as the the lake is 50 - 60 feet away and the early morning breeze is very refreshing . I would give it thumbs up.

Room Tip: Book early and AAA members get a discount. Lakeview rooms are the best If with your special one ch...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Navaz S
Reviewed February 8, 2012

The Bayshore Inn is one of a kind resort. Lake front room (the only one in town), a comfy lounge with a great selection of sprits and wine, a coffee shop to get you morning espresso, lake front dining room (very romantic), they even have a huge convention room, and to top that off there Saloon is great place for some late night drinks and fuze ball!

I really enjoyed my stay at the Bayshore Inn, the staff were super friendly and accommodating, it was a pleasure to meet the owner of this huge property, seems like a family business. The rooms a very comfy, seems like to alot of new stuff, must have been renovated recently. Great food and service! You must visit Waterton Lakes and explore this beautiful place, lots of amazing hikes and the beautiful nature experience. Good place to go and get away from it all! All in all 5 stars for the Bayshore!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jmaw3rdi
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I booked a lakefront room. They put me in a parking lot view for the same price and reluctantly changed is once I complained. They choose not to change sheets nor empty the garbage. I gave them the filthy dust rags that were left behind. I wanted to take a nap but it required them 1.5 hours to change the sheets. I was discounted $20.00 and took out my own garbage. The hotel is in poor repair and extremely dirty.
The only redeming quality is that the view was great when outside.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank Sharon L
watertonalberta, General Manager at Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Hello Sharon
I am shocked and ashamed at reading your review. We pride ourselves on our housekeeping and as we won the AHLA Housekeeping award in 2011. I have spoken to the head housekeeper and front desk manager about this but unfortunately they do not recall this event as the hotel has been closed for the winter for nearly four months now. If you would like to contact me i would love to get a chance to hear your story and try to make it up to you. I will also let you know that the Bayshore has spent the winter undergoing a major renovation with new bedding, drapes , TV and satellite system as well and brand new bathrooms! I hope you will give a chance to make it up to you!

Reviewed December 10, 2011

Great place to stay in Waterton. Reasonable rate considering the location and quality. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Where2nextAVL
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed in this property, while vacationing in the Canadian Rockies, as part of a conducted tour by Globus, the renowned tour operators. The property is situated in a scenic surrounding and provides good photo ops. Otherwise not much to comment. Just an average holiday retreat like anywhere else.

Room Tip: choose rooms with external view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank charoos
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed there for one night on our roundtrip. I think the motel/hotel was run bij a family. The room was reasable. Bit old fashioned. We where at the first floor. There is no elevator. So you have to bring up the suitcases (no help from the staff) yourselves. Compared to other motels/hotels the room is a bit (low season) pricy.I dont know why theay call it Resort & Spa. For us it was just a motel. The steak and breakfast in the restaurant was excellent.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor at the lakesite have a very nice vieuw.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family