“You pay for the view”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2012

As with other reviewers, I found that the food didn't rival the view. I had shrimp pancetta pasta, my companion had the buffalo bangers and mash, and we split a salad. Neither of us were impressed with our meals, especially for $25 a plate -- so the view is what you pay for. But in that case, you'd do well just to sit in the bar area for a while (where the view is actually better than the dining room) and have a drink.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just had dinner here last week. The view from the hotel is spectacular but as usual in park service restaurants the food doesn't measure up to the view. Sit in the Lobby or walk around outside but the Irish Stew I had was mediocre.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I'd give this more a 3.5, but since I have to choose, 4 is fine. We ate her for breakfast while staying at the hotel. Service was good enough, our breakfast too a little long to come, but she was good at communicating that it was almost ready.

My husband ordered a simple eggs and bacon and I ordered the San Antonio omelet. He really enjoyed his, plus the single pancake as a side - it was the best we had on our trip throughout the week. My omelet was good, but it was a little strange. It had very little filling, most was just eggs and cheese and even when I opened it up a bit, it seems like they had put a little bit in just one area, not mixing it up and putting the mix all tucked inside. I'm not sure if it's just how they do it there, but I was more of a mix in every bite.

With the view you have, anything tastes better though :)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Wanted to go to the Price of Wales Hotel. Stopped here after a trip to Cameron Falls for a drink. The view from the bar is incredible. Prices are ok. The hotel need a facelift and cleaniness needs improvement. I would not stay nor eat here - but to secure the view and the history, I would use the bar for a Canadian beer. We were there when there was minimal wind - what a view from the outside.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Me and my partner ate here on 2 occasions. We have breakfast which was superb. Had the omelet which came with a fresh salsa. My partner had the eggs benny which was also good. We also had dinner, which I had the pasta feature that came with homemade pasta and big pieces of lobster. It was to die for. The price was very reasonable and the view was amazing. Definitely will be coming back soon

1  Thank raquel103