Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort
Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa(Waterton Lakes National Park)
$120
$90
Groupon.com
Waterton Glacier Suites(Waterton Lakes National Park)(Great Value!)
$136
Aspen Village(Waterton Lakes National Park)
$61
$190
$142
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bear Mountain Motel(Waterton Lakes National Park)
Prince of Wales Hotel(Waterton Lakes National Park)
  • Restaurant
Northland Lodge(Waterton Lakes National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Crandell Mountain Lodge(Waterton Lakes National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tuboff seasoncanadian rockieswaterton lakelodgetownwinterskylightrecweddingsnowfireplacemountainshousekeeperaccommodationsdeerscenery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2013

For the price we paid ($259/night) I would have expected the place to be in better shape, be cleaner, have an actual kitchenette, etc. We stayed in the Red Rock House unit.

The "kitchenette" had very little counter space after you put the portable electric stove out. There is hardly any space to work on to cook a meal. They, however, did provide a good amount of cookware, dishes, utensils.

The unit itself is very dated, floor was extremely dirty, is very dark and bathroom's tub backed up. I saw bugs crawling across the bathroom floor and one ran across the dinner table while we were eating. The couch in the living room was really worn and was stained and dirty. The pillows (in the bedroom) smelled like cigarette smoke and our pajamas smelled like smoke after staying there.

The location of the "resort" is in a good location, right in the middle of Waterton town site. There is also plenty of parking.

This is definitely not what I would consider a "resort". Our unit (on the main floor) faced a main road and when we had the curtains open to let more light in everyone walking by could see right into the unit. It was not relaxing at all.
I definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kryssie79
Waymarker, Public Relations Manager at Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

I apologize you did not enjoy your experience with us at Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort. We strive to provide an excellent stay for all our guests, and I am sorry to hear we did not impress you.

The kitchenette you stayed in is a standard kitchenette style. We do have several other room types, including a full kitchen, which would have provided ample space for the needs you addressed. If you were to consider staying with us again, I would recommend looking into a full kitchen room.

As for the bugs, unfortunately being in a National Park does pose the concern of ants, especially during this rainy season. We are currently taking measures to prevent the ants from entering our rooms, but it is sometimes inevitable. We apologize for this.

We don't allow smoking in any of our rooms, so I am sorry that you smelled cigarette smoke. We have since inspected your room to ensure it is in the best possible condition for our next guest.

Again I sincerely apologize, and hope you consider giving us another chance to impress you if you do return to Waterton.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff are extremely nice and helpful. The hotel room I stayed in was very clean but small. It did have a torn place on the carpet which makes the appearance look worse but other than than that it was a nice hotel. It is so in the village which is nice. It was very clean and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kathygirrl

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for writing us a review. Do you remember which room number you stayed in, that way we can look into the ripped carpet and have it replaced.

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you back with us soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My first time making comments on Tripadvisor, but I'm sure it worth it. We celebrate our annivesary and decided to go to Waterton and decided to cehck-in at Waterton Lodge and had a great time. What a great way to treat guest, all the staff especially the housekeeping staff were very friendly and courteous, can't believe how polite everyone was, I'm sure they're very well trained. The room was clean and comfortable. The only thing I want to compaint is the temperature of the building especially in the afternoon, really hot.I would't hesitate to recommend this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malik D
Waymarker, Public Relations Manager at Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your feedback is appreciated and motivational for our staff to continue providing this standard of service to our guests.

I am very happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay, happy anniversary! We hope to see you back next year to celebrate again.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed in the Wild Flower lodge upstairs good size room bathroom adequate beds great. Wi fi excellent .very funny to see the herd of Big Horned sheep cleaning the cars ie licking off the salt deposits. will stay here again .aid & jen u.k

Room Tip: ask for upgrades
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate your feedback.

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Waterton with us, we hope to have you back very soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just went back from a trip to Waterton. Used a voucher from travelzoo, so the price is reasonable. The only problem with the room is that the AC was not that powerful. Room was kinda hot even in the

The location of the hotel is great, and the room is nice and spacious. As we chose a deluxe suite, so there is even a jetted-tub in the washroom besides a shower.

However, the room service is mediocre or poor to my standard. The second day when we came back from hiking, we found that the room service person only did the bed and took out the garbage, oh, and took the tip. All the used towels were left as is. Yes we understand if we left the towels on the rack, we are going to use it again. But at least the room service should fold or re-arrange them so that it doesn't look so messy. The other thing we notice was that they didn't replenish the coffee/tea bags and cups we consumed the day before. So, the 2nd morning we have only 1 clean cup and 2 coffee pods. Really disappointed. The service is not even as good as the B&B we lived in last year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andy Y

Hi Andy,

I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review, and I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay.

We have looked into the room service issues, and I apologize that this occurred. This is not the standard we strive to achieve, and I am truly sorry.

I hope you consider returning, and give us another chance to impress you. Again, I sincerely apologize.