Where to start!! We knew everywhere in Waterton was expensive but when you pay almost $200 a night you expect a lot more than what we got! Front desk were fine on arrival. There are no lifts in each block so if you are on the second floor you have to carry your bags up. Just something to note. Also the front entrances to the blocks are not well marked, we went up the fire escape stairs before we realised there was another main entrance.
The room was pretty small for what we paid but we were given a balcony as requested. The lighting outside the buildings is not great and there were times I wish I had a flashlight. And the lighting in the room was even worse!
The wireless in the room didnt work. I appreciate they are in the middle of the mountains but they also advertise free internet. It was 10.30pm and when I went to reception they told me I would have to rent an internet usb key for $7 a night!! Its not the guests fault that their location impacts on wireless connection so you shouldnt have to pay! Because we needed internet access we had to buy it. I asked to pay with a different credit card then the room was booked on and got attitude from the girl as it was past their time for adding up/closing up for the day so it was a hassle. She did take it though. I had a few other queries on the internet and again thought her attitude was surly.
Next day we slept late as we had arrived late. We left our room at 11.30am and when we got back the beds hadne even been made....the sheets had been pulled up but not properly made. The bin had been emptied but nothing else had been replaced (tea/coffee/sugar etc). Not acceptable for the price we paid.
We didnt eat in the restaurant attached as it seemed quite expensive and we didnt use the leisure centre so cant comment on those.
On a positive note, the location is excellent and there is parking at each block. Also the beds were comfortable.
But taking everything into consideration the facilities and service we got for the price were not acceptable. I will say that we didnt complain at the time as we didnt see the point!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort is located in the heart of the Waterton Lakes National Park town site. Surrounded by the Canadian Rockies, this property offers affordable rooms and suites; indoor pool and hot tub; fitness and recreation center; ski and snowshoe rentals; banquet hall and meeting space; and stunning mountain views! A good sleep, a good meal, and a great adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterton Lakes Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park
- Waterton Lake Lodge
- Waterton Lakes Alberta
- Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta