We paid for rooms facing the lake and did have great views looking down the lake. That being said, the rooms were each $300/night and were a slice of history from the time of their construction. The architecture is neat and has that old lodge feeling, but surely the rooms could have some updates and still retain historical matter. Our 3 grown kids shared a room which was very small on the 4th floor. Only meals we ate there were breakfasts which ran $11-14. As our rooms faced the lake, we were able to take advantage of the lake breezes to cool our rooms. It's only a 5 minute ride into town. Every place is expensive- probably as their season only runs mid May to mid September. Been there, done that. Next time would stay somewhere else- Waterton Park is great. Saw lots of bears and enjoyed all the sights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta