This hotel is stunning to look at, and filled with historical appointments and highlights. Waterton was the icing on the cake of our trip to Glacier. Staff was amazing - helping us print out a map to the border to make our crossing back to US soil quick and easy, giving us pointers about boat trips and restaurants. The elevator, however is activated only by staff, and then at the top of the elevator, you need to climb half a flight of stairs if you are on the 5th floor! Bellmen carried the bags, thank goodness. But if you need to go up or down before 7am the elevator is not staffed, so the stairs are the only way down 5 flights. And of course in the summer, the sun is up at 5:30am so you can get out and see the wildlife! Pretty, fun, but a bit challenging.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta