This vintage hotel stands on a bluff overlooking Waterton Lake presenting a wonderful view south into Waterton Lake National park which abuts Glacier National Park in the US. The rooms would be considered rustic by today's standards but have hardly changed from the original style of 1927 when it first opened. The bathtubs reflect the European influence and the wash basin is in the room. The open lobby gives the impression of going back 85 years in time. There is a very pleasant and comfortable lounge on the first floor, the only place with TVs. There is live music in the late afternoon in the lobby at the traditional Tea Time served daily. The Royal Steward Dining Room is very good and offers good views of the lake and town site. Service is very good. The very small elevator is rather unique and remains the same as the original of 1927. It is hand operated by staff members for guests who do not wish to use the stairs. While we were there, a black bear could be observed on the lake shore from the top of the bluff each morning and late afternoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta