This is an older hotel, so yes it creaks. But, that is part of the appeal! The weather was perfect when we got there, so we were able to hike, enjoy the properties, and see lots of wildlife. Our room was tiny, but just fine for two people. We had a lakeview room so that was priceless. I highly recommend getting a room on that side of the hotel. Everything in the room was very nice. We walked out on the balcony of our room....breathtaking view! The bed slept fine and was very comfortable. I do have to mention that at 4am the wind *really* picked up and we could feel the hotel swaying. That was interesting!
The staff was incredible. Everyone treated us SO nice and really made us feel like we were there only customers. The bell staff was the best! The first night our bellman took our luggage to the room, took time to explain Waterton, pointed out mountains by their "names", etc. Wow! Thanks to him!
We went into Waterton and had bbq, which was very good for lunch. We went to Waterton Pizzeria late night and the pizza and service was excellent.
This was the first night of our 25th wedding anniversary trip. The staff knew this and made a point to congratulate us. Thank you! That meant alot!
I highly recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta