We were staying at another lodge in Waterton for the first two nights, and on our final night we stayed at the Crandell Mountain Lodge.
The lodge is conveniently located in town and the best restaurant (the Kilmorey) is directly across the street. Check-in was a breeze and we got a room on the first floor. The room was clean, and there was a small kitchenette and a TV (no cable). The bathroom had a toilet, sink and shower stall with a small window. The bed was comfortable, and it was quiet at night. If you feel like watching TV, you might want to skip it. There's not much to choose from, and face it, that's not why people travel to Waterton anyway. We didn't use the kitchenette. There is parking outside, but we actually had to search a bit to find the one remaining spot.
We heard from a guide on one of our trail rides that the water in the bathrooms was a little sketchy. Apparently there's some iron in it, so there is a bit of an odor. It didn't bother me, but my girlfriend picked up on it. I don't think it's a threat to anyone's health.
Be ready for an early wake up call.The walls and ceiling are thinly insulated, so any noise your upstairs neighbor makes you will hear. Right down to the springs in the mattress. We weren't trying to sleep in, but there was no way that you can slumber after 7:00 AM or so, simply because of all the banging and noise. That aside, it's certainly a functional place to rest your head for a night or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated a Charming Inn of Alberta, Crandell Mountain Lodge is a rustic and quaint property that, with no telephones and few TV channels, feels like a true getaway. Guests receive complimentary use of the outdoor BBQ and access to the local Recreation Center. Choose from standard, deluxe, kitchenette, or the “Bear’s Den” that has a king size bed, fireplace and in-room jetted tub; it’s a favourite among our guests. The Crandell Mountain Lodge is a jewel within itself; with a feeling of a country bed and breakfast and the comfort of a lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Crandell Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crandell Mountain Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park
- Crandell Mountain Lodge Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta