“Great place to stay!”
Review of Aspen Village

Aspen Village
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a great time from start to finish. Office staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms in the cottage were clean and the bed was comfortable. The Aspen Village Inn is a great place for couples, singles and families - you couldn't be closer to shopping and the lake. We paid a lower rate because we visited in September, - so I agree that people who paid the full summer rate might have felt they didn't get such good value for their money - but Waterton is just expensive in the summer. The views of the mountains and the fall leaves from our living room window were spectacular! We'll go back for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage where the living room window faces south - looking out from the complex.
1 Thank LynMcD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We didn't have a bad stay here however there was nothing that 'wowed' us. Had a good nights sleep, but not $260 worth of nice! It's very pricey but as the title says, the prices are middle of the road, as is the accommodation.
I'm sure it's not the worst place to stay in Waterton and I know it's not the best :(
Only stayed in Waterton 1 night...the prices are just too high when compared with other properties within Park boundaries.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was a bit surprised when I read the latest reviews as there was not much to complain about in my case.
We had one of the Windflower rooms (in the main building) on the 1st floor and the room was clean and everything worked as it is supposed to work. I agree it is expensive during the Summer season but this is the case for every hotel in Western Canada (in my opinion).
The reception clerk was also friendly and helpful so I have to say I experienced a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I agree with the comments from jesterrific40. This hotel is very overpriced, it is very outdated, looks dingy and dirty. We spent 1 night there this week. The TV had no remote in the room, we obtained one from the office but it did not work. The TV would shut off on its own and then come back on a few minutes later. We could not turn on or off the lights above the beds until we discovered that we had to screw on or unscrew the bulbs. The place was full of flies that kept us awake most of the night. There was an unpleasant odor in the room. There was not much hot water for a shower. We will never stay at this hotel again. We felt ripped off and wish we had gone back to Pincher Creek for the night.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Waymarker, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Village, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience staying at Aspen Village. Since you stayed with us, we have been working diligently to improve the quality of our Aspen rooms. The Windflower at Aspen has especially been given attention, and has been significantly improved! We feel you would be impressed if you decided to give us another chance.

Thank you for your comment, your feedback is truly appreciated.

Travelers are raving about these Waterton Lakes National Park hotels

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel would be passable for a cheap motel on the way somewhere. As a destination with a premium price it was a huge disappointment. Dingy old room, stale smell of old cigarettes, small, noisy. I was able to overlook it all weekend and enjoy the hiking and scenery of Waterton except for one thing. We stayed three nights. The second night our room wasn't cleaned... bed not made, no new towels, no coffee replenished. I complained about this while checking out and the person at the counter did not seem to care AT ALL. I asked to speak to a manager and was told none were available. I had the clerk take my number down and asked to have the manager call me. This was Monday. It is now Thursday and I am still waiting. I can't beleive how much we paid for this room. We have paid much less for nicer rooms in Banff and Canmore. I will NEVER go back there as I'd rather camp.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Only the location was acceptable. Service was poor.The room was not clean.The microwave did not work. One of the lamps also. No .TV remote control, sorry about that was the response from staff For a price of $ 200. it was a rip-off .We left after one night.Probably the last time that we will visit Waterton

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jim s s
Waymarker, Public Relations Manager at Aspen Village, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hi Jim,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay at The Aspen Village. We really appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve our operations.

Since you last stayed with us, we have working diligently to improve the quality of the Aspen rooms, and I think you would be impressed with the new and improved Aspen Village.

I hope your bad experience with us doesn't prevent you from returning to Waterton Park, it truly is a beautiful place and one bad experience shouldn't ruin the Park's reputation.
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was the only 'hotel' in town that had any availability ,so we had no choice but to stay one ngt here. The place is run down both outside and inside. Carpets in the hallways are disgusting.Our rm(21) was a rm with 2 double beds in it,we opened the door to the rm and the smell that hit us was horrendous,stale,damp and musty. There was a small kitchentte in the rm,which we had no intention of using. There were grease marks all over the wall above the cooker and the rings on the cooker were filthy. The bathrm was very basic,hair on floor and bathtub had a dirty ring around it. The beds were comfortable enough but we slept on a big bathsized towel we'd brought with us, just so we didnt have to actuially lie on the paper thin sheets!. Horrible place...but like I say, we had no choice as everywhere else was fully booked & this was last minute trip for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sunlover57
ThomWaterton, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Village, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am embarrased by what seems to be a complete breakdown in both maintenance and housekeeping. I cannot blame our employees as we have failed to train , suoervise and follow up with them. This is not the standard we aspire to and I would like to personally apologise to you. I would also invite you to follow up your review with me personally. Please contact me thom@waymarker.ca. I can assure you the ownership is taking strides to improve the property, our operations including training and maintenance.
Sincerely
#1 of 8 in Waterton Lakes National Park
Rocky Ridge Country Lodge
Rocky Ridge Country Lodge
#1 of 2 in Mountain View

Been to Aspen Village? Share your experiences!