The ride to the hotel is a fantastic precursor to the awe inspiring location of the hotel complex. The hotel is situated right on a glacier lake, with views spanning as far as the eyes can see.
Thr rooms are slightly rustic, however the cleanliness of the area is second to none. In fact, one of the things which stood out was the freedom by witch the local wildlife grazes amongst the property. I woke up at around 0700hrs and prepared myself for an early morning swim in the freezing glacial waters of the lake, only to be greated by a deer and her doe grazing outside my cabin. The crisp fresh air and the morning dew were revitalising and set a good tone for the rest of the day.
The internet did work well. I simply had to collect a log-in code (free) from the hotel's reception.
There is a very relaxing log cabin dining area with a bar, which offers a great setting for winding down from a day's hiking in the surrounding mountains. The food is of a good standard. I would just like to highlight the fact that the facilities are good enough to accommodate any traveller, plus the fact that the scenery is inspiring to say the least.
The weather was overcast with intermittent breaks in the clouds, however this did not spoil the magic of the location. All I will say, is that the weather is subject to frequent changes due to the surrounding mountain ranges and the humidity from the neighbouring lakes. Just be prepared, but don't let that deter you from visiting this idilic spot.
The only criticism I had was that the room lacked an air conditioning unit, which would have been rather useful in the warm and humid night.
The hotel is also perfectly situated for any motorcycle enthusiasts exploring the plethora of the area's winding and twisting roads.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic travellers hotel, the Aspen Village offers 3 selections of hotel accommodation on one property. The Windflower at Aspen Village, newly renovated motel rooms with newly done bathrooms; The Aspen, deluxe suites; and The Cottages at Aspen Village, a community of 16 guest cottages, comprised of family units, duplex cottages and bachelor suites, recently renovated and updated! A small playground area, green space and BBQ pit make it a family friendly place to stay. Open May to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Aspen Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aspen Village Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park
- Aspen Village Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta