“"Hot dogs" - not just for kids anymore!”

Wieners of Waterton
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 9, 2012

When my 5 year old picks a restaurant he always picks somewhere with hotdogs. To that I usually say, "blech, do you know what's in those things?" That is, until we frequented Wieners of Waterton! Locally-made sausage loaded with amazing toppings make these "hot dogs" not just for kids anymore. We will definitely eat there again!

The staff were incredibly friendly, helpful, and clearly cared about their products and their customers. The sweet potatoe fries were incredible with many yummy dippings sauces to choose from (try the Wasabi one). Oh, and their "Wiener Roast" coffee (especially brewed for them by Kicking Horse Coffee Co.) is AMAZING!!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

A tiny place in a pleasant, log building downtown in Waterton townsite. We were greeted warmly, and selected hot dogs from the limited menu. The dogs were good, as were the fresh sweet potato fries. Since the weather was warm, we sat outside on a picnic table and ate while we enjoyed the mountain view.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My fiancé and I needed a place to eat a quick lunch and stumbled across this place while in Waterton for the day. The hotdogs were great (she's from Chicago where they know dogs and she rated them as some of the best she's ever had) and I even enjoyed the sweet potato fries despite the fact I hate yams. Friendly staff and great food at a very reasonable price. This place has become my "must stop at" place whenever we come back to the park now.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Wieners of Waterton is right on the target from the minute you walk in until you take the last bite of wiener! Friendly staff, great vibe, local meats, nice selection and very tasty food at a decent price point. Would definitely eat here again!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I and our 8 year old daughter were lured in one morning with free samples and we instantly became hooked--during our short stay at Waterton we ate at Wieners 5 times! My wife is from China and did not think much of hotdogs until she found this place! My daughter kept saying at meal times--lets go to Wieners! The owners (two brothers and a sister) are very friendly and told us part of their life story and about their roots in this area, how they gave up promising careers to open a hot dog stand, and their aspirations to someday grow the business. I can harly wait until they start a franchise and open up shop in our Seattle! The personal touch, however, will be very difficult to transfer to another location. I hope they try!!