“warm meal after a cold afternoon.”

Vimy's Lounge & Grill
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I went for lunch after renting skis from the lodge and got our usual when we go, the turkey club, with avocado dressing on a spring salad. Our Favorite lunch anywhere! Highly recommend it to anyone, and Keirstyn will always treat you well.

1  Thank peet r

Reviewed January 8, 2013

After a cold day of ice climbing in the wind, it was so comforting to have entered the warm & cozy confines of Vimy's Lounge & Grill. Not only was the shelter warm but also, the staff & the hospitality we received. The customer service & price point was excellent as was the quality of the food & drinks served. We felt so welcomed that we came back the next day for bacon & eggs to fortify ourselves before facing another windy day of ice climbing.

1  Thank Flo S
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went to Waterton for a snow snowshoeing trip. We stayed and the lodge that is attached to the restaurant since it is the only accommodation open during the off season. The restaurant has 2 levels to it. The ground level is more a lounge feel, with relax leather lounge chairs, fireplaces and the bar. Upstairs is a little more formal. The upper level also gives you a vantage point of the mountains around you since it has windows wrapping 3 sides of the dinning room. The vibe is definitely rustic with exposed beams, subdued lighting and majestic photos of scenes of lakes mountains prairies and everything Waterton. I had the Elk burger. My wife the veggie. All of the meat is from local farms, organic and incredibly fresh tasting. The sweet potatoe fries are the best I have ever had. Nice thick wedges and defiantly double fried to give a nice crisp outside but still soft and tender in the center. I heard from someone else the next day that the Bison meat balls are very good as well. Apparently come from a local Southern Albert farm about 50 km away from Waterton. We went for a simple breakfast the next day eggs and pancakes. Your typical diner style fare nothing to exceptional but still very good. But the best about it was the Keirstyn gave us an exceptionally good deal on our breakfast.

2  Thank Todd W
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Although the only restaurant open in Waterton during the winter, Vimy's has become an essential part of our Waterton experience. The last two visits prompted me to send my first ever review to Trip Advisor.
Our first occasion this Christmas season included our young grand children ages 1 and 2, and, without their parents, on Boxing Day. Our adult Son, visiting from Sweden, and his friend from Calgary also joined us. Our Server Sheri and the Manager Kiersten were awesome in making this a positive, enjoyable experience, even after the 1 year old broke a glass on the floor:) The Poutine is always good, the vegi burgers are great, the fries are awesome, and our Son loved the Fish & Chips, which is one of our favorite items on the menu. In fact, this prompted my wife and I to come back on Dec 28th, for the Fish & Chips:) The batter is light, the fish is tender and tasty, and the tartar sauce is amazing! We lucked out with one of the two tables by the fireplace, curled up with a book in the deep lounge chairs, and the experience was awesome with Sheri and Kiersten once again providing exceptional service. Already planning our next visit just after New Years:)

2  Thank Sandy F
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We just had a boxing day lunch at Vimy's lounge today and brought our four young kids. We're always nervous taking our kids into restaurants, and we worry about those who may have to eat close to us;) I was so thankful for our wonderful server who not only brought us our wonderful meals but took every opportunity to make my kids happy too! She laughed with them, joked, and even took a minute hear or there to even play with them! What would have been an impatient wait for food - was actually a lot of FUN for our little ones as they looked forward to another friendly visit with Keirstyn! She went above and beyond for sure!!!! Love love LOVE Vimy's Lounge and Grill!!!!!!

2  Thank Tanis H