“Great burgers, great beer...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hummingbird Inn

Hummingbird Inn
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
BC
“Great burgers, great beer...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I spent several lunch hours at the Hummingbird Inn on my last trip to Galiano.
The first visit there I ordered the halibut and chips and a beer. The fish was pretty good but the chips were nasty. I think maybe the oil needed to be changed or something.
The next day I had the daily special - the schnitzel. It was okay.
The next day I had a cheese burger and it was GREAT.
So I went back the next day and had another.

The customer service is great and you can tell that this is a favorite watering hole for the locals.

I'd be more than happy to go back for another burger and beer.

• Visited January 2013

Surrey, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great little pub/restaurant with excellent food and customer service! Try their speciality coffees they are great!

Visited December 2012
Salt Spring Island, Canada
“Only Pub on Galiano.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

There sign out front says:"Best Pub food on Galiano".They are the only Pub on Galiano.I went in for lunch yesterday and ordered a hot tea to start,when it arrived with cream I asked for milk which the wattress quickly replied "No we have no milk" what kind of restaurant does not have a container of milk?.I ordered the special a steak & mushroom pie it was like a bowl of Campbell's chunky soup(minus the meat) topped with a soggy piece of filo pasty it was not a "Pie". Will not visit here again unfortunately they have a captive audience as there are few places to eat here.

• Visited November 2012
“Nice pub with WOW! food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

As the only pub we could find on Galiano, you might think the food would just be the regular pub grub. No way! The food is of amazing quality and the chef (Romeo, I think) had interesting specials every single day: Indian, Italian, Chinese . . . We just never knew what to expect. Of course, they seem to use a lot of organic and local ingredients.
The service was good and the atmosphere was typical pub with knock knacks and TVs around. There were two big screens on Keno and some other gambling thing that were distracting.
Bottom line: a great experience. We spent a lot of time there!

Edmonton
“A bit of a let-down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family and I were here a few years ago, and absolutely fell in love with the Manhattan clam chowder. On our summer vacation, it was this menu item that I most looked forward to. Sadly, it was nowhere near as good and all of the food we ordered this time was typical bar food. The tables where the hummingbird feeders are, is now a part of the restaurant where children cannot go. I was disappointed that I couldn't show my son from our table. The service was atrocious, even though our server had a smile on her face, we waited a looooooong time to be addressed and again to be brought our drinks. I don't even know how long it took the food to come. I would not go back.

• Visited July 2012